A trio of Megas

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

A trio of Megas

Post01 Oct 2011, 13:13

The megas in all there glory,spanning over 20 years of quality digital watch production.The Mega 1 ,reigns supreme regarding syncing,perhaps if Junghans had developed the antenna in the bracelet/band for the newer models,the signals would have been more easily received on the "limit".Still the occasional sync is enough to keep it very accurate.
I found the quality of the Mega 1000 and Futura to be high,(the 1000 more so) and contrast very acceptable,in fact the Futura rivals the Seiko sdga 001. The bracelets on both are exquisite and the designs very futuristic.
I believe the Junghans Megas ,Seiko epd series and the swiss Venturas to be the very best quality digital watches made today and are all, IMO of a much higher quality than any vintage models from the 70s,and should (hopefully ) be considerably more reliable . Its good to see some companies have enough faith in developing quality digitals,among a sea of low priced mass market rubbish.

charger105

Guru

Guru

: A trio of Megas

Post02 Oct 2011, 04:48

I totally agree. I recently got a Mega1000 and was impressed with the high build quality. The bracelet is great.
I've also got a Mega1 which is a really cool design.
It's quite an extravagance for someone who lives in Australia, where they'll never sync.

Actually I'm in the middle of trying to build a GPS (or PC) driven DCF77 transmitter. I've seen a few designs on the web and don't think it'll be too difficult. I'll update on the forum if I get it going.

Rgds,
Andrew.

Return to Modern Digitals