It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:46

Junghans Mega 1000 Time Display Mode Resetting

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

alunwill

Junghans Mega 1000 Time Display Mode Resetting

Post02 Nov 2011, 16:22

Hello All,

New to this forum but have been looking at it over the past few weeks before coming to a conclusion and purchasing the Junghans Mega 1000.

My main reason for this watch was that I wanted a digital with week numbers on the main display, the radio controlled function being a secondary but nice additional feature.

It was with some trepidation I purchased the watch based on the seemingly bad reception it has for the time syncronisation despite most people agreeing it is a very nice looking watch.

So I took the plunge and I'm now a few days into ownership and have an issue which I hope someone can help me with. Sure enough the watch doesn't sync indoors overnight. The only way I've got it to sync (I live near Cardiff in South Wales) is to do a manual call and leave it out in the garden (software is version 3 btw).

So my issue is as follows, every morning, after failing to sync the night before, the time display mode has reset to full date mode whereas I like it to be set to display week mode so every moring I have to unlock the keys, change the mode and then relock. Not a major task in the grand scheme of things but I was wondering if there was a way to set it so it stays on the week mode by default to save from having to change it every morning.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Alun

lars

: Junghans Mega 1000 Time Display Mode Resetting

Post16 Nov 2011, 05:33

Hi Alun,

I must say that I have NEVER seen that particular problem myself. I've owned one of these watches for years and even worn it while on holiday in Wales!! I too purchased the watch in large part because of the week number display. I turns out that I work for a German company and many of my colleagues think and plan this way.

While I did experience another annoying problem with the time zone changing every time that the watch synchronized with the DCF 77 transmitter, I never noticed that the particular display changed.

One recommendation would be to contact:

Hartmut Kaiser
Service Manager
Junghans Uhren GmbH
Geißhaldenstr. 49
D-78713 Schramberg
Fon: +49 (0)7422/18-670
Fax: +49 (0)7422/18-550
Mail to: hartmut.kaiser@junghans.de

There is a sticky about it. The customer service is excellent and you may indeed get an exchange for a version of the firmware without this problem.

Sorry that I can't advise you directly. Cheers,
Paul

Return to Modern Digitals