It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:58

Junghans RC 2 Clock Info Needed

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

Mick B

Junghans RC 2 Clock Info Needed

Post29 Mar 2012, 18:32

Hi, firstly, apologies if this is the wrong part of the forum (I've just joined) but this is where I found the only reference to an RC 2.

My RC 2 stopped so I assumed it needed a new battery. Not so. With the new battery it would start and run, sometimes for 5 seconds, sometimes for 12 hours. I discovered this was a poor battery connection to the movement but not before I'd contacted Junghans, been told they have no spares so can't help so with nothing to lose took the movement apart myself to investigate.

When you connect the battery, all hands should move round fast then stop at the 12 o'clock position and await the time signal. At first, mine went on forever till I discovered that the hour hand cog has a slot which needs to line up with an LED(?) on the board and the minute and second hand gears have holes in them which need to allow light through to be bounced off two mirrors on the case.

I'm pretty sure I've achieved this now as the hands stop correctly and are now awaiting the time signal (which is down for maintenance!) but in case it hasn't worked as I expected, has anyone attempted this before and if so, do you have any tips?

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Junghans RC 2 Clock Info Needed

Post29 Mar 2012, 21:27

hi Mick

welcome to the board..and hopefully someone can help you further.

from the moderators.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post02 Apr 2012, 12:15

Mick, a couple of pictures of the clock could be interesting here. You know it's a long shot.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Mick B

Post02 Apr 2012, 13:31

I can easily take a photo of the clock but did you mean the internals? I'm awaiting the time signal to see if I have indeed been successful and if I have, I'd be reluctant to take it apart again!

Return to Modern Digitals