It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:46

Ventura special on the way..........................

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Ventura special on the way..........................

Post24 May 2012, 10:18

Watch this space...............
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by holly35 on 30 Jun 2012, 18:23, edited 2 times in total.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Ventura special on the way..........................

Post24 May 2012, 12:53

yes, thats the way we like new announcements. I can only encourage members to be more active and inventive.

Dad, are we there yet??NO. Dad. are we there yet??NO. Dad, are we there yet?? NO M:)W:)M Dad, i have to pee!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post24 May 2012, 13:15

Whic one?

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post24 May 2012, 16:09

First ,the vision......................................
V-Founders95.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by holly35 on 24 May 2012, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post24 May 2012, 16:11

Then the designers......................................
RTEmagicC_11_1017_Wett_Hannes_Wettstein_272_jpg.jpg
Last edited by holly35 on 24 May 2012, 16:37, edited 3 times in total.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post24 May 2012, 16:12

i can allready hear the drums :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

- Kasper -

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post24 May 2012, 16:31

July of this year sees four years since the passing of Hannes Wettstein,world famous designer for Ventura.His work will be remembered for its simple classic designs ,coined " Micro Architecture" by the designer, he was responsible for the Alpha,Delta and Kappa models. The Sigma designed by Paolo Fancelli was used in the film Bangkok Dangerous and was also given personal approval from the actor Nicolas Cage.
All Ventura watches are hand made in Switzerland using in house modules ,and are produced in tiny numbers. They use some of the best materials available which have been hardened to produce very durable cases and bracelets. All have sapphire crystals.They are the ultimate digital watch.
Ventura dont make 10,000s but rather 10s and 100s of examples making them very exclusive,for example my Kappa has a serial number 00131. And weighs in at a feather light 64 grams.Your unlikley to meet anyone else with one!
I can highly recommend them all, and have found "Chronomaster" Tel 01942366211 in the UK to offer superb customer care. As a registered agent,Neil can order any model and deliver it to you. They can ,of course be ordered directly from Ventura.(thank you to Ventura for supplying me with the display stands)
The Alpha 2 W40 LTD an updated version of the Alpha 1 and designed by the Hannes Wettstein studio,oh yes and only 25 of these are made.Now thats exclusive! :-D 8-) And there you were thinking the Pulsar P1 was rare,makes it look mass produced in this company........................
002xdd.jpg

Left; Sigma model W 25 R1 as worn my Nicolas Cage in "bangkok Dangerous" Durinox hardened steel with caoutchouc strap.
Centre; Kappa model W23.02 R1 "Nero Assoluto" Titanox hardened titanium with caoutchouc strap.
Right; Delta model W20S Durinox hardened steel case and bracelet.
Last edited by holly35 on 14 Jun 2012, 19:48, edited 10 times in total.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post24 May 2012, 17:24

016wwp.jpg

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post24 May 2012, 18:44

My display has started going a bit funny lately (V Tec Alpha), the first digit on the bottom left of the display, and sometimes a little on the top right, sometimes has some of the liquid missing, like one or two segments are not quite all there. It doesn't do it all the time, I think it maybe depends on what is displayed at the time, maybe when it has more segments to display, although turning the seconds on and off makes no difference.

Would they be able to repair this do you think? Or how much would a replacement module cost? I love this watch, have worn it daily for many years, I would hate the display to go all together.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post24 May 2012, 19:34

Hello,
I would get in touch with Neil who will attend to your requirments. :-D

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post25 May 2012, 16:34

Will give him a try, thanks.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post25 May 2012, 22:12

thanks Holly for the nice introduction of a part of the ventura collection for all new digital watch collectors out there.My favorite is still the sigma model but i still haven't found a nice video of someone wearing it. Just commercial pictures.
How does it sits around your wrist?
Do you have to get used to not turning your wrist when looking to it?
Which one do you prefer and why?

- Kasper -

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post26 May 2012, 10:35

Hello Kasper,
The sigma is unique , the case and case back have to be put through a 50 tonne press inorder to achieve the perfectly formed and matched parts for assembly.
They are then sealed with a high tech gasket.A huge amount of time and work is need to complete each piece.It is a work of art in its own right.Wearing the sigma , it fits around the wrist so the display sits on the inner /upper side of the wrist which does away with the need to turn your arm.It is very comfortable to wear,and you quickly become used to it.The caoutchouc strap is superb,very soft and comfortable,it also suits the watch as it does have a high tech look to it.I prefer them to the steel bracelets now.
The Kappa "nero assoluto" looks like its ready for the next space mission,the matt black IP titanox hardened titanium case is coated with liquid glass to provide a very hard durable case.It also resists finger prints which means it aways looks superb.It has a very high tec "stealth" look to it. With the caoutchouc strap it weighs around 60 g ,which makes it very light on the wrist.
The delta weighs in around 180 g it reminds me on the seiko 0624 slightly. The watch has a few beautiful design features which, at first are not apparent,like the curved sapphire crystal.
Picking a fav is not easy,i will reserve judgment for the moment. :-D

vf3

Post14 Jun 2012, 20:32

The pictures are great, I love the Kappa model and am torn between this watch and the v-tec gamma (kappa is sexier but the gamma is far cheaper).
Is it possible if you can posts some pictues of the kappa on your wrist. It's very difficult to judge how the watch looks.
thanks

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post18 Jun 2012, 17:36

Watch this space.........................................................

Return to Modern Digitals