Ventura BMW Sparc watch .

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Ventura BMW Sparc watch .

Post06 Sep 2012, 16:54

I have been fortunate enough to have handled most of Venturas digital watch range.They all offer superior quality,displays and total exclusivity ,of that there is no question.However everyone will have their favorite model, for what ever reason . Digital watches,with batteries have been around for the last 40/50 years and various attempts have been made to extend battery life. Solar charging, auto switch off of the display, higher quality cells etc.
However in 2000 Ventura released the worlds first automatic digital watch,the PX and FX. Both designed by the late Hannes Wettstein .
Also in 2000 Ventura supplied BMW with a limited production of 2000 units of there new baby. The Z, and as shown here, the more traditional non folding version.Although marked as "designed by BMW" i have a suspicion that Mr Wettstein may have had more than a passing interest. (Currently under investigation!)
Of all the digital watches that have passed through my hands, (old and new) this ,along with the PX ,RX and FX offer the most stunning displays ,with superb levels of clarity.No need for a back light (unless your in total darkness) Even the vtec models cant match these autos. This needs to be viewed in person to appreciate it. Contrast sharpens up in daylight and it is very easy to quickly glance at the watch to check the time.Unlike some watches that you have to study the dial ,due to the clutter of info on display.
This is my favorite Sparc model,with the calfskin black leather band running almost seamless into the black crystal.Measuring around 44 mm lug to lug and around 36mm wide. Its display is simplistic,elegant and spell binding . Ask anyone with one of these.
Oh yes,and did i mention no batteries.........ever. :-D
Very rare, this being the rarest of the two BMW versions, current Ventura version is around £1300.
The full operating instruction manual can be down loaded from the Ventura web site (under sparc manuals)
On a slightly different note,i noted recently that Tissot charge £55 for a battery change (every 2 years) in their T-touch models , with a 6/8 week turn around.Info supplied from a registered dealer,the T-touch being the only model from their range that needs to be returned to Tissot for this battery change. Interesting even the service center wouldnt touch it .(excuse the pun here!)

bmw sparc z.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by holly35 on 18 Sep 2012, 20:23, edited 9 times in total.

planetlcd

Techie

Techie

Re: Ventura BMW Sparc Z watch .

Post08 Sep 2012, 15:07

Very nice watch holly. I like Ventura, I've owned a Delta for the last 2 years and just got the Kappa with Ti bracelet and absolutely love everything about it.

I have seen another model with badged with BMW but the one you have here is much nicer in my opinion.

Speaking about batteries, do you know if the batteries can be changed by the user in the Delta
/Kappa non automatic digitals ?

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: For sale : Ventura BMW Sparc Z watch .

Post09 Sep 2012, 10:54

Yes you can change the battery on your Ventura, although i would leave it to the Ventura service or dealer. I always err on the side of caution with expensive watches.

Return to Modern Digitals