Worlds most beautiful digital watch ?

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Worlds most beautiful digital watch ?

Post04 Nov 2012, 16:45

Ok lets have your recommendations, this is my one..................................... 8-)
Ventura V-tec Delta W20S.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Worlds most beautiful digital watch ?

Post04 Nov 2012, 23:35

That topic header sounds like an invitation to a debate, but I'll bite...

The Venturas definitely have a look to them. Still, it's awfully hard to improve upon the elegant simplicity of a good 'old Pulsar P4 Executive, which would have to be my #1 candidate for most beautiful. Not a very original opinion, I'll admit, but it has merit.

-abe.

DSC_8876 (900x600).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post05 Nov 2012, 00:24

first place and standing alone there is the Grima watch...perfect design, the slim gold band with touch buttons integrated with red leds and the red curved inlayed crystal. Timeless! Imagine Angelina Jolie wearing it :O`~ :O`~

Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post05 Nov 2012, 06:52

Pretty close; I think that's Lloyd Harvey's wrist in the pic...lol.

planetlcd

Techie

Techie

Post05 Nov 2012, 08:12

I agree with you holly, it definately is the.........

First Choice - Delta (sold it and kind of regret it)
Second Choice - Kappa ( this is the watch I wear now ) love everything about it

I can think of others but I dont own them yet :)

I might as well add a vintage watch here as well, the HP-01, still looks beautiful for a 35 year old watch :)

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post05 Nov 2012, 12:54

Just finished a flight cycle wearing a newly acquired Alpha. Love the fit and finish, second favorite digital, right there with planetlcd, my HP 01 stainless.

:-D

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post05 Nov 2012, 14:21

Way too subjective. Maybe TAG Microtimer or HD3 Slyde?

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post05 Nov 2012, 16:30

There's no reason for us to get into any debate guys, the important thing is what do YOU think is the most beautiful? :D

It's the reason this world is flooded with many thousands of different watch designs, you find something that's beautiful to you, and speaks to you. Despite that the other guy next to you says it's a piece of crap, but for some reason YOU like it, and that's all that matters here. :)

Besides, I like when people post things like this because sometimes I find or learn of a watch out there that's really beautiful to me, but I never would have found out about it unless some of you guys posted their personal favorites.

Some of my favorites:

Ventura V-tec Sigma MGS: What guy doesn't like to see mechanical parts working to power a unique lcd display??

My Pulsar 3502 Sport: For it's pure efficiency, the last in a line of LED's, with capacitance touch convenience, a light sensor to preserve the battery, large magnified digits, and small size.

My new Seiko Spirit EPD: For it's pure modern era efficiency, solar powered, atomic calibration, ease of use, and a great simple display of the time.

planetlcd

Techie

Techie

Post06 Nov 2012, 00:07

ronaldheld wrote:Way too subjective. Maybe TAG Microtimer or HD3 Slyde?

Ive looked into the HD3 Slyde and its an amazing watch, quality materials (swiss made) software driven just like an iDevice. I'd buy one if it wasnt so expensive, and it is expensive for what it is.

The Devon Works Tread 1 and the New Tread 2 are another high end brand, I think we will see more of these type of watches in the future. Just hope they make them more afordable!

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post06 Nov 2012, 14:22

Unlikely those prices will come down with newer models, as I expect them to sell in small volumes.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post06 Nov 2012, 15:02

Those tread watches are awesome, love the tread 1 with the belts going in different directions, on my list if I ever win the lottery :lol:

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post06 Nov 2012, 16:23

Yea, they really are eye catching, and facinating to watch the tread watches movement, fell over when i found the price though lol.

I like the Slyde watches too, but was dissapointed that the display was a TFT, it loses contrast and color unless you look at the watch directly from the front.

I did see some Slyde's being sold for $5,000 in the stainless version, I imagine you could get a used one for half that if someone were to put it up for sale.

Here's a video of the Tread watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i79T2IzOEfM

And the Slyde for those wondering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5CJ6BkqqVA

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post06 Nov 2012, 16:40

The slyde watch is vastly overpriced in my opinion, it's a nice watch but there are much cheaper watches that do the same thing and more.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post06 Nov 2012, 17:17

richard_uk wrote:Those tread watches are awesome, love the tread 1 with the belts going in different directions, on my list if I ever win the lottery :lol:

you call that a watch? way to big...nicely made but just a gimmick.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Post07 Nov 2012, 11:42

In my opinion, the most beautiful digital watch isn't just one, but two.

The first one is the P2... For obvious reasons. It's been the first mass produced electronic digital watch, it has a timeless design styled by the master watchmaker Jean Wuischpard, and its styling was as modern in 1972 as is still today.

Then, the second one, always IMHO, is the Bulova Driver's watch: a dramatic and groundbreaking styling, with the unique feature of the sideview display, that makes it look like it came out from a Philip K. Dick novel, it makes it a very iconic watch.

These are in my opinion, the two most beautiful digital watches ever. :)

(But I think I'm a little biased, since I have both watches in my collection :lol: )
Image Image

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post07 Nov 2012, 16:58

lol, nothing wrong about being biased here vpn, good choices btw. :)

Surfing through the forums here I came across one of Cesar's rather unique modern digitals:

And I keep going back to look at it because it's so interesting to me. You have a modern analog LCD display of the time, and I presume the date in the foreground, with a rather unique jump hour mechanical movement behind, all backlit by a neat indiglo type blue led. Just amazing and eyecatching to me, at an incredible low price, just can't find one on the net anywhere lol.

So, the geek in me finds the above watch really beautiful, regardless of price, but practicality tells me I really shouldn't buy any more watches just yet lol.

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post07 Nov 2012, 23:10

The "speedster" yes it' may be a cheap watch, only $20 on e-bay but it's very pretty.
I think i payed more for the strap.
Triple time and date display and the jump hour part very nicely backlit in blue.
Since then i added a very nice thick leather strap...at first i was thinking SS.
But this white leather strap simply is the icing on the cake if you ask me....
Complimenting the white jump hour dial behind the digital LCD screen making it even more beautiful.
Then again i am somewhat of a geek :-D so i suppose Almighty Tallest is right.
Shows that sometimes nice and beautiful things don't have to be expensive.

Here is a picture including the new strap.

Another top most beautiful watch is the Benrus Pop-up Led watch...but expensive and very hard to find.
Some consider it "The Holy Grail" .

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
The reason i collect watches is because it feels like i'm buying time.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post08 Nov 2012, 00:45

Not sure if this would be classed as a digital but.. I'd give my left nut for this watch, its a concept from 1958 and only one was ever made, btw vpn... still think Bulova was groundbreaking with the driver watch design? anyway on to the important bit...

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post08 Nov 2012, 01:31

See! This is why I love posts like this, really interesting concept driver's style jump hour watch richard_uk. Are there any other details about it?

Cesar, that Speedster looks stunning with the white strap, thanks for the new picture to drool over lol.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post08 Nov 2012, 01:35

Sorry forgot to say, it's the Patek Cobra, if you google that you should find some info on it.

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post08 Nov 2012, 01:36

Ahh, cool thanks for that richard, I always enjoy reading up on watches that are new to me. :)

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post08 Nov 2012, 09:35

Well for me, you can't go past the P3 in Gold.
Not sure if you'd call it beautiful, but it's certainly my favourite design.........absolutely iconic of the 70s LED era.

I know a lot of people like the P4, but for me, it's not a favourite.
Rgds.
Next

Return to Modern Digitals