Techno Mage

Techno Mage

****New Ventura Sparc for 2013****

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Re: ****New Ventura Sparc for 2013****

Post04 Jan 2013, 17:13

Man, I can't stop drooling over the black one, I always had a weak spot for the MGS.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post04 Jan 2013, 17:23

I would really like to see some genuine new styles from Ventura. Rehashing the Sigma and fitting the MGS module is a bit of cheek. I dont know if it sits as well as the old model,as a design .The case has been modified to fit the new module and looks a bit fat in the middle ,made worse by the flush fitting crystal.Also the sharp straight ,edges of the angular bracelet links are at odds with the rounded curved case. Still as horrendously expensive as the other MGS models..
One thing ,that i have complained to Ventura about is the screen on the Alpha 2. the blacked frame area around the display is not wide enough to hide the unsightly edges of the module and makes it look "unfinished and spoils the display. Easily rectified by making the blacked area about 2 mm wider all round. Cant understand why Ventura passed it in quality control.If anyone has a Alpha 2 ,check yours ,what do you think ? If you agree,complain to Ventura and we will see what happens................

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post05 Jan 2013, 14:21

I would want to see a TC model and some other control other than that scroll button.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post06 Jan 2013, 20:36

Thanks Holly for keeping us updated on Ventura! I´ve seen the advertising at watchlounge a few days ago. I am really interested in the watch but I am frightened that it wouldn´t fit my tiny "girly" wrist. The watch seemsto be quite big.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post06 Jan 2013, 20:49

Most of the newer models are larger, if you stick with the Delta,Kappa these are a bit smaller. You need a larger wrist to carry off the Sigma,i suspect this new model is the same.Saying that the new Alpha is on par with other watches now a days,most tend to be larger anyway.
On a different note,as far as most digitals go today,its hard to find anything better than the Seiko EPD range,as long as you dont need a chrono function.
Venturas are more traditional,they do offer superb styling,exclusivity, attention to detail and beautiful build. They dont offer the ultimate in accuracy ,you need to look at radio control ,or the Seiko Astron for that.
The Venturas are superbly futuristic though and have great wrist presence.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post07 Jan 2013, 00:16

Well, I don´t like the Seiko styling, but I believe it´s an incredible good watch. I am not sure what I should think about the Ventura modules. From photos they look like a chinese construction although they say it has been manufactured in Switzerland. The case and bracelet instead seem to be the best on the market regarding digital watches and that´s a big plus if not the biggest plus. Anyway I don´t think I can ever wear a Ventura. My wrist is just 165mm (or 6.5").

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post15 Jan 2013, 20:38

One thing ,that i have complained to Ventura about is the screen on the Alpha 2. the blacked frame area around the display is not wide enough to hide the unsightly edges of the module and makes it look "unfinished and spoils the display. Easily rectified by making the blacked area about 2 mm wider all round. Cant understand why Ventura passed it in quality control.If anyone has a Alpha 2 ,check yours ,what do you think ? If you agree,complain to Ventura and we will see what happens................[/quote]
Just heard from a Ventura Agent, A new improved spacer module has been developed to eliminate this issue.
Any comments from Ventura Alpha 2 or MGS owners? :?:

Return to Modern Digitals