It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:28

The new Ventura SPARC MGS

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

P_Nobs

The new Ventura SPARC MGS

Post11 Apr 2013, 23:44

I am very pleased to share the preview of our new video with the forum: http://youtu.be/WgAHCNkMiZA
Pierre
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by P_Nobs on 15 Apr 2013, 10:08, edited 5 times in total.

BENRUS

Wizard

Wizard

Re: The new Ventura SPARC MGS

Post12 Apr 2013, 01:40

Very nice :mega:

Now on my want list!

Thanks for sharing the video here, and welcome to the forum :Hi:

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post12 Apr 2013, 09:53

wow...very nice :-D

Are these silver digits on a black background..or white on black?
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post12 Apr 2013, 11:29

It's not a bad overall design, but the genius who decided the time display looked better shoved to the right, and with no seconds, should be sent back to school until he develops an aesthetic sense.

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post12 Apr 2013, 13:23

The video is not there when I looked

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post12 Apr 2013, 19:13

If it is like my alpha, you can opt for seconds display or not. That would shift it all back to the left with six digits. Also, yellow on black and the brighter the ambient light the higher the contrast. Extremely legible!

Geoff

Addendum!!

Checked out the manual at the website and Bruce is 100% correct. Seconds display is unavailable on the upper readout. It appears on the lower readout. The upper readout is right justified and only four digits. The new display appears white on black not yellow.

Well, all in all, I like my original Alpha display which I picked up for $200 not working. It is working and looks NOS, even have the original box.

I like seeing the six digits across field one. Also, on my display both fields are the same font size. I appreciate that, as both displays are of equal importance in my field of work.

Still, nice watch and I like the generator aspect with the swinging weight.

Geoff

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post13 Apr 2013, 12:03

Well,i am luck enough to be in a position of having handled all of Venturas watches over the past year, and can offer my personal opinion on the displays.
The original Ven_03 module used in the original Alpha ,Kappa,Sigma and Delta i found to be a designers dream,equal sized digits,equally spaced into a "block " of numbers.By switching off the seconds display ,like the newer display,the numbers are off set to the left.I personally dont like running seconds.
At a glance,with the running seconds on ,i found the display slightly "to much information",but as my eyes sight is not quite as sharp as they once were,this dosent help.
The contrast on all Venturas are amazing ,and indeed in bright light they improve further.
The ven_99 sparc module is very clear,with its large digits and very simple display,superb really.
In all ,i have to say ,now i feel the latest verson display is the best, (used in the Sparc MGS,Alpha 2 and Gamma models) with larger time display,and slightly smaller date etc,its easier to tell the time at a glance and is less "cluttered" which is a logical development from the original.The contrast on these are amazing.
The whole Ventura story is very interesting,and credit must go to the founder, Mr pierre Nobs for having the drive to bring these fabulous digital watch to us all.
Exclusive ,rare, and unique among all watches,they are the ultimate digital watch . :mega:

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post19 Apr 2013, 02:47

That looks awesome, I am hoping one day I will have one on my wrist, MGS or not :p

cj.cooper

Post19 Apr 2013, 03:19

Looks great - i would have ordered one in black already, but I'd rather not have the red painfill in the V logo (for the initial launch of 50 serialised ) - is that possible Mr. Nobs?

I've ended up with a bit of a collection of Ventura watches - all started with a V-Matic analogue chronomoter.

I have the original Sigma version - i like the improved flush fit of the face, and of course the new display looks great.

It's best to find a dealer so you can try on the Ventura's - they look their best when worn, I got my wife a miss-V and it also looks slightly 'odd' on its own but lovely on a woman's arm...

here's my sigma for comparison

cj.cooper

Post19 Apr 2013, 03:22

By the way.... there was a rumour many years ago a ladies version, the miss V Sigma.

Here's a pic i found of it - and, yes the wife would love to have it, if it ever came into being....

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post19 Apr 2013, 04:31

Well, at least it has a seconds display...but, the seconds digits should be a bit smaller, say, 3/4 the height of the hours and minutes. Then, this would be a winner, unless it was priced in the stratosphere...

Huertecilla

Wizard

Wizard

Post26 Apr 2013, 09:00

bruce wegmann wrote:Well, at least it has a seconds display...but, the seconds digits should be a bit smaller, say, 3/4 the height of the hours and minutes. Then, this would be a winner, unless it was priced in the stratosphere...

Well, I think just HH:MM on the main display of a digital watch is best.
I seldomly want to know the seconds when I galnce at my watch so their display adds unnecessary complication/clutter.
I véry much prefer to have the seconds displayed on a different screen.
The SPARC RX lacks a seconds display and I don´t miss it. I appreciate the simple time and date displayed in an inequivocably clear way even móre than the dispay of my SDGA which has the better visible but which has too much info on the main screen.
I applaud just HH:MM. The rest is of secondary importance so should be on secondary screens imo.
´Design oder nicht sein´

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post26 Apr 2013, 13:29

I prefer seconds on the display with the same size as for hours and minutes. It makes setting and determining the offset from "the time" easier.

Return to Modern Digitals