Best Eink/epaper/EPD watch

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Best Eink/epaper/EPD watch

Post09 May 2013, 13:48

I have been thinking about them since the original Seiko bracelet came out. I would like opinions to help me make a decision. RC would be a plus and maybe solar.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Best Eink/epaper/EPD watch

Post09 May 2013, 22:55

Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post09 May 2013, 23:45

That was somewhat helpful as I need not consider the new phosphor touch watches. What else might I consider that is available now or within a few months?

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post13 May 2013, 20:52

I have since got myself a Seiko SDGA001

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=6381#p41103

I *think* its one of the first (or early) major effort to utility eInk technology in wrist watch. So far I still think its one of the best.

Pebble is nice, but its more of a "smart device" than a "pure wrist watch". At least my Seiko doesn't need to connect to a charge every week to *survive* ... LOL

I think they are just different animals. Seiko does lack BT connectivity and smart features. But as a wrist watch, I think its more than enough *smart* (solar, atomic, world time, alarm, 3 *useful* watch faces).

Phosphor watch is nice too. I think its a nice minimalist watch at a lot lower price point. But having no LED for night time viewing in that package is the main reason for me not to buy one. And I think the eInk watch display are not fully utilitized in the Phosphor watch.

Return to Modern Digitals