Post22 May 2014, 12:56

Coming soon......

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Ventura Gamma by Michel Huber full review

Post03 Jun 2014, 19:34

...here we go.
The Gamma uses the new ven_10 module ,the same as the Alpha 2.Even though they are basically the same ,how its presented in this case and sapphire crystal design makes them very different.The Gamma uses a curved design on the glass which does have the effect of introducing reflections,much like the Hamilton pulsomatic does.Not much of a problem,however when viewed along side the Alpha with its flat sapphire glass i know which i prefer................
The case is designed by Michel Huber,who was responsible for one of Venturas earlier "square" models from the 90s.On first seeing it ,it looks quite a basic design,however ,as in all Venturas there is more to it on further inspection........The case is gently sloped towards the wearer and the glass slightly lower towards the case bottom,which helps the viewing angle slightly.The scroll wheel takes on a conical shape due to the cut angle on the sloped sides of the case,subtle and attractive.The case has a beautiful brushed side finish and the case surface has a round brushed finish which follows the contours of the crystal perfectly.As in all Venturas build is superb,and the whole thing feels solid and superbly engineered.
I would suggest you view these watches in person to appreciate the fine details,as no photos can fully demonstrate their beauty and quality. :mega:
Functions are as per the Alpha 2.Overall a very nice watch,but not as visually striking as the Alpha,Sigma and Sparc models.
By the way the earliest module in the Sparc RX still takes some beating (in fact it hasnt been) for eye popping large digits in a beautiful gold tone............ :amen:

Return to Modern Digitals