It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:27

Ventura Sparc PX all gone...................................

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Ventura Sparc PX all gone...................................

Post19 Jul 2014, 19:39

I am very lucky in securing one of the last Sparc PX models.
After pretty much been through all Venturas models i have some interesting points on the range.Firstly the promotional prices are ending soon,good news if your looking for a Ventura now,but expect to pay the normal rrp soon ,which is a considerable amount more.....
The digital range comprises (at the moment) of three movements, however the Ven_99 and Ven_03 look to being almost all gone, the Sigma remains with the Ven_03 mov,as the Delta,Kappa,are no more,the sigma will follow soon.
I tried to love the Alpha 2 again,after not being too taken with it the first time found with a LTD edition version.
This one has an improved display with a enlarged frame that helps hide the extreme edge of the module which was distracting to look at.However compared with the Sigma,and Sparc PX and RX ,the quality and precision is not on par.Perhaps the strange sand blasted stainless steel finish is to blame,but i did find the precision of the case to be nothing like as good as the aforementioned.
The best quality, feel and modules are to be found IMO in these earlier models.The ven_99 models are superb,with a quality to equal ANY other watch brand regardless of price.
I think these were crafted without budget constraints (along with the Sigma,Alpha1) to offer the finest quality and immaculate assembly,which the newer models appear to struggle to equal.
The best of Ventura digitals are the first ones, and i am proud to have all three. :mega: :Prost: :mrgreen:

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Ventura Sparc PX all gone...............................

Post20 Jul 2014, 14:32

Is there any consensus that the first Venturas were the better ones?

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post20 Jul 2014, 17:25

ronaldheld wrote:Is there any consensus that the first Venturas were the better ones?

I hasten to add ,this is my opinion after examining these models described, the PX,RX and Sigma are amazing. :-D
I have suspicions that their chronometer mechanical watches are of the same quality as these digitals.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post11 May 2015, 00:51

ronaldheld wrote:Is there any consensus that the first Venturas were the better ones?

Yes :-)
At least the better-looking, I like Hannes Wettstein's Designs (sparc px (W11S), fx (W10T); vtec Alpha, Delta, Kappa) but not the others. Unfortunately, I never managed to get a nice (=pristine) Alpha for a reasonable price.

Return to Modern Digitals