Coming back to digitals..via Ventura.

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Coming back to digitals..via Ventura.

Post24 May 2015, 10:56

It has been some time since i last visited this site ,during which i resorted to non digital watches,mostly autos,divers,and eco drive radio control watches.Although most were fantastic in their own market segments,all were pretty much very similar in appearance. :-( Also for me at least, the multi hand and sub dial displays were beginning to become difficult to read with my poorer eye sight. :sad:I didnt want to go down the vintage road purely due to the reliability issues and dwindling repair possibilities (and those who will take on the work which seem to be getting ever fewer) With this in mind i have returned to digitals in the form of the Ventura V-Tec Sigma and Sparc RX both ordered from Ventura who build these by hand, to order.Inbound via a dealer in Germany.
I wont bore you with all the qualities of these,suffice to say those who have them will know why i have chosen this brand.Im happy to have returned to a very exclusive club.Lets see some pics of all your Ventura digitals. :pics: . :grin1: ;-) 8-) Pics to follow of course......
Last edited by holly35 on 04 Jul 2015, 17:31, edited 2 times in total.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Coming home to digitals..

Post24 Jun 2015, 15:59

Holly35 said " I didnt want to go down the vintage road purely due to the reliability issues and dwindling repair possibilities (and those who will take on the work which seem to be getting ever fewer) "
I would argue the opposite is true, Hanno does replacement modules for most of the popular models, even the "nearly impossible to repair " chronosplit heuers are replaceable now via Rawsar

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post24 Jun 2015, 21:37

Hey, let's not forget there are repair facilities here in the Colonies, too... The Pulsar is now as serviceable as when they were made. Modern electronics have now caught up with what they could do 40 years ago. ;-)

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post25 Jun 2015, 19:41

I simply grew tired and frustrated with unreliable vintage pieces that spent more time in a faulty, in need of repair state than in a usable reliable,workable condition.For me it also became an increasingly expensive hobby with constant postage fees and repair bills. :cry: Im happier with the path i now tread.. :-D
However i am sure many continue to enjoy their vintage digitals. :amen:

wzy-hman

Techie

Techie

Post26 Jun 2015, 16:39

holly35 wrote:I simply grew tired and frustrated with unreliable vintage pieces that spent more time in a faulty, in need of repair state than in a usable reliable,workable condition.For me it also became an increasingly expensive hobby with constant postage fees and repair bills. :cry: Im happier with the path i now tread.. :-D
However i am sure many continue to enjoy their vintage digitals. :amen:

I sympathize with your view, although to be fair vintage analog watches can suffer the same issues

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post27 Jun 2015, 09:49

Pics as advised... Sparc RX mgs w14 ltd,fitted with r3 caoutchouc strap and ip durinox clasp. Twin sapphire crystals. One of 199 numbered pieces . Pics dont fully do this watch justice.Quality,design,assembly and finish is sublime.................................................
006.JPG
005.JPG
004.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by holly35 on 27 Jun 2015, 10:10, edited 2 times in total.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post27 Jun 2015, 09:58

More pics.....
010.JPG
008.JPG
003.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

barbes

Post04 Jul 2015, 16:50

Love my Sparc RX but wearing my Sigma today...

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post04 Jul 2015, 17:26

Nice watch :-D Currently considering the V-tec Gamma in durinox stainless :scratch: Smooth,clean and futuristic.

wzy-hman

Techie

Techie

Re: Coming back to digitals..via Ventura.

Post11 Aug 2015, 18:39

Love the Sigma, more photos please!

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Re: Coming back to digitals..via Ventura.

Post19 Jul 2016, 01:18

holly35 wrote:It has been some time since i last visited this site ,during which i resorted to non digital watches,mostly autos,divers,and eco drive radio control watches.Although most were fantastic in their own market segments,all were pretty much very similar in appearance.

Sure. Hands, 12h dial, round face. Yawn. An orange seconds hand instead of a green one is considered a great innovation and the crowd becomes excited.

Return to Modern Digitals