Venturas hidden gem.

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Venturas hidden gem.

Post22 Sep 2023, 11:27

When Ventura introduced the original Alpha 1 it became a classic piece of design . Perfectly proportioned, and beautiful to look at. Its long been discontinued replaced with the Alpha 2 , which increased its size for todays wrists and tweaked the design which it just didn't need.
If you love the original then there is an alternative....
Venturas miss v , billed as a ladies model today but has similar case dimensions as the Alpha 1 ( actually the miss v is 2 mm narrower) Same band / bracelet size and same clasp design. It looses the scroll wheel as the functions as limited to time and date and uses a single tier time display which i prefer. The case top which was an expanse of unused space has been chiseled out and the back light removed. I prefer the v's case design better. I don't miss the back light as the display is pretty good in most light and i always refrain from using back lights any way to extend battery life.
It has the classic kink in the case and the same beautiful flat blue grey sapphire crystal.
I think it looks best in the standard durinox steel with black leather strap.
Its a very close sister to the original Alpha 1 and is hugely more affordable.
These were from the original Ventura line of very high quality digitals designed by Hannes Wettstein (1958-2008) are imo superior in quality to the newer offerings. Originally he considered just reducing the size of the Alpha 1 for a ladies version , but instead redesigned the original with some changes.
IMG_9620.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by holly35 on 21 Oct 2023, 23:48, edited 4 times in total.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Venturas hidden gem.

Post24 Sep 2023, 10:16

Here an interesting size comparison with a Casio calculator watch. The Miss V shown is the black ip version.
IMG_9633.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Venturas hidden gem.

Post07 Oct 2023, 13:41

Additional comparison shots with the Alpha 1
IMG_9688.jpeg

IMG_9689.jpeg

Return to Modern Digitals