It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:10

Jacob&Co

Discussion on Nixies, Jump Hours and all other digital watches, clocks and gadgets
  • Author

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Jacob&Co

Post25 Mar 2007, 16:51

Never thought I'd find myself liking a Jacob & Co watch, those rapper bling multi coloured 4 time zone watches are one of the fugliest watches I've seen, but I really like this one, and 31 day power reserve too!

SPECIFICATIONS

Case: 18K White Gold, 18K Rose Gold, Magnesium
Size: 56 x 47 x 21.5 mm
Bezel & Case: White, Rose Gold or Magnesium with carbon fiber applications on the side of the watch
Movement: Vertical mechanical movement with manual winding escapement, incorporates Swiss anchor mounted in a Tourbillion cage. This cage is suspended without roller bearings and positioned vertically. Winds with integrated key, external hand key or motorized in the box.
Caliber: 5
Power Reserve: 31 day power reserve (744 hours), supplied by the energy of 7 barrels and displayed through vertical rolls
Jewels: 40
Functions: Indications of hours, minutes, power reserve is made by vertical disks assembled coaxially
Crystal: Sapphire
Water Resistance: 100ft / 30m
Special Features: On-off key for time set up or winding; external access to the Tourbillion for fine-tuning; Tourbillion cage visible on the edge of the clock
Strap: Rubber
Warranty: 2 years
Limited Edition Series: 99 pieces in White Gold, 18 pieces in Rose Gold, 18 pieces in Magnesium
Platinum on request

ImageImage

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

re: Jacob&Co

Post25 Mar 2007, 16:53

Here's a couple of scans I took from this months hr:Watches magazine, read what it says about the box that the watch comes in!

redled

Techie

Techie

Post28 Mar 2007, 04:04

Nice. It reminds me of the Cabestan:

http://www.europastar.com/europastar/he ... 1001844317

rewolf

Guru

Guru

: Jacob&Co

Post28 Mar 2007, 13:34

Interesting, very interesting.
So there are digital high-end mechanical watches - not only those boring watches with hands.
But fortunately, these are so way beyond my financial capabilities that I'll never be tempted to spend money for them :wink:
The Cabestan looks better IMHO, apart from the bracelet...

But if I had unlimited money to spend on watches, I'd try to start an Urwerk collection - the the "103 blackbird", the "102 steel", and the "201 pt" :wink:[/b]

redled

Techie

Techie

Post29 Mar 2007, 21:29

Wow, those Urwerk's are fantastic. What's the price on those? The pricing on the Cabestan is literally ridiculous, in the sense that almost no one can take it seriously, which is of course intentional. Boy, these watches are almost enough to make you wanna be rich.

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post30 Mar 2007, 11:41

The Urwerks are at least USD 50K

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post30 Mar 2007, 15:57

i think i'd be happy just to own the box :D Perhaps it's called the Quenttin because its so heavy it makes you limp wristed (candidate for the humour section Ed ? )

Colin G

Post07 May 2007, 09:39

My watchmaker (Jon Vincent in Hamilton) gets Jacob & Co in all the time, he says they are 100% rubbish.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Re: re: Jacob&Co

Post17 May 2007, 17:33

gjlelec wrote:i think i'd be happy just to own the box :D Perhaps it's called the Quenttin because its so heavy it makes you limp wristed (candidate for the humour section Ed ? )

I also dont want the watch, but i second the idea about the box. How might a 15 pound heavy watch box look? Probably very solid... :lol:

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post17 May 2007, 18:22

The Jacobs & Co. Watch shown at the top of this thread is nothing more than a mechanical jump hour with multiple mainsprings for that 31 days of power reserve. Why not look for a nice automatic jump hours that has a good-better jeweled movemement? :? A really nice watch and a winder box would probably only set you back 1/50th what the J & C costs. 8)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Other digital watches, clocks and gadgets