It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:35

Qualitron pen

Discussion on Nixies, Jump Hours and all other digital watches, clocks and gadgets
  • Author

stuart mansfield

Qualitron pen

Post13 Dec 2007, 12:10

I own a Qualitron LED pen without instructions.The watch works fine but the pen no longer writes.Does anybody out there own this model,do you have instructions and do you know if you can remove and change the cartridge?
Stuart

vintage led

: Qualitron pen

Post22 Dec 2007, 09:16

I have the LCD verison of this , mine takes a Parker brand refill , most office supply store sell these .
After removing the timepiece ,, at the end of the pen section there is a cap , this holds the cartridge in .
Unscrew it and the refill should drop out .
Your might be differnt than mine , Im not sure .
It should just pull apart between the clock and the pen section .
Got any pictures of it ?

Do you twist yours to raise and lower the pen tip?
or is it a CLICK type ?
Helbros module needed

stuart mansfield

Re: : Qualitron pen

Post23 Dec 2007, 13:57

vintage led wrote:I have the LCD verison of this , mine takes a Parker brand refill , most office supply store sell these .
After removing the timepiece ,, at the end of the pen section there is a cap , this holds the cartridge in .
Unscrew it and the refill should drop out .
Your might be differnt than mine , Im not sure .
It should just pull apart between the clock and the pen section .
Got any pictures of it ?

Do you twist yours to raise and lower the pen tip?
or is it a CLICK type ?

Thankyou for your reply regarding LED watch pen.
My pen requires the 'twist' action to raise and lower the pen.Because of this i dont see how i can remove the cartridge.There are pictures of my pen on the web site ledwatches.net on the vintage photos section,
Stuart

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Post24 Dec 2007, 00:35

Hi Stuart. I've got one of these too. The led pen is quite different to the lcd pen as the batteries and module on the led version take up a lot more space (about 2/3rds of the pen).

To get the refill out unscrew the front end of the pen. Inside you'll see a white plastic stopper with a hole in the middle. Find something that fits in the hole (a satay stick is just the job) and gently push the refill out through the front end of the pen. It slots back in exactly the same way.

I've got no idea what kind of refill it takes but it may be worth taking yours into a couple of pen/stationary shops to ask. Otherwise it's going to be a case of trawling for vintage ballpoint pen websites (something I'm going to avoid as I get easilly addicted to expensive old stuff ;-) ).

If you do find one let us know as mine can't keep on writing for ever with a 2cm long 30 year old refill...

Higgie

Site Sponsor

Site Sponsor

Post24 Dec 2007, 11:15

If its a small 67mm refill, then it's a Garland refill.
Also found in the HP-01 stylus.
You need: #125 short refill -- for double ended pen. http://garlandpen.com/Company_Store/Refill_Form.pdf

Return to Other digital watches, clocks and gadgets