It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:01

Nixie tube watches

Discussion on Nixies, Jump Hours and all other digital watches, clocks and gadgets
  • Author

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: Nixie tube watches

Post29 Oct 2008, 19:53

As a man on wife #3, my suggestions(in order of my opinion of their strategic value...skip those that don't apply).
1.Cook her a good meal....going out will make her focus on money you are "wasting" :oops:
2.Buy her some chocolates(small box if she is getting fat, larger if it isn't an issue or you want to filch a few for yourself). :-)
3. Remind her how nice it is you will have something to while away some winter days, rather than going to the pub, spending money,eyeing other women(keep that inside your head),driving home and risking arrest or worse.
4.Gift of something SHE wants, but you have previously said you couldn't stand the p.o.s.

Under no circumstances mention her arse unless you are both naked and basking in the glow of a good romp, then a woman of ANY proportion should be told what a nice, smooth, soft bum she has. XXOO Those larger one's aren't so bad as you get older.....sort of like the large handled tools for folks with arthritic hands. M:)W:)M

Sharing acquisition techniques is vital to collecting - we are totally on topic; albiet, slightly over the top now...of which I've been no help in reigning in. Back to work...timing your watch Mick. 8-)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post29 Oct 2008, 21:31

Thanks for the update Ed, is that timing following adjustment or your initial testing to find out what adjustment is necessary?
Drop me a PM, when your ready, no rush.

BTW: There is nothing wrong with a woman with a big fat arse IMO, or maybe I just got used to it over the years :lol:

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Re: : Nixie tube watches

Post29 Oct 2008, 21:52

bucko170 wrote: There is nothing wrong with a woman with a big fat arse IMO, or maybe I just got used to it over the years :lol:

"Fat Bottom Girls" - one of my favorite Queen songs. :eek:

Hey I was just a skinny lad
Never knew no good from bad
But I knew life before I left my nursery
Left alone with big fat fanny
She was such a naughty nanny
Heap big woman you made a bad boy out of me
Hey hey!
Get on your bikes and ride!

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 Nov 2008, 18:53

There's a woman for every man, some guys just happen to like a little "junk in the trunk."

:lol:

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post03 Nov 2008, 23:19

Moving away from bottoms, butts and arses.......I now have the Nixie watch and I think it is way cool.

This watch may well be a 'marmite' watch which you will either love or loathe.

I will post some pictures soon and it would be interesting to hear peoples comments.

The wife put on her new dress and I showed it to her over dinner (see previous posts to understand that joke!) needless to say she was suitably unimpressed, she just doesn't understand the whole watch collecting thing :-? .

I also was suitably unimpressed with the £53.26 customs and handling charges :evil: but I will not dwell on the negative or let it spoil my enjoyment of the watch.

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post03 Nov 2008, 23:55

Nice, I'am looking forward to seeing your pictures... 8-)

You know, those so called customs and handing charges are a total pants I got hit recently for £14 for a $42 Dollar watch I got from the US
I complained to the Post office and was told the charges are to release the item from customs and deliver it to me
so I phoned the customs and the guy said "you've been ripped off mate it only costs £1.50 to release small items like yours" needless to say I was raging
I phoned back the post office and gave them the wrath they then told me you can claim back your charges by filling in a form which they sent me
but on the form there is no place to fill in any details so yet again I've been fucked over by the man, they couldn't give a shit about anyone because
they've got it so tied up with bullshit you've no means to complain and get any thing resolved.

Sorry for the rant but it just makes me want to... :~#

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post04 Nov 2008, 00:03

Sorry for the rant but it just makes me want to...

No need to apologise, I have been hit with these charges a few times and know only to well how annoying they are.

It would be nice if sellers from overseas especially from the USA would take them into consideration when labelling packages or at least factor in some of the cost.

It seems that everybody nowadays whats to take there own little slice :evil:

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post04 Nov 2008, 00:17

Us in the States get some of the same shakedown....I buy a watch from Switzerland(the Gruen Airflight), the seller puts down that it is a prescicion instrument. By the time they turned me loose I was $90 poorer. :x
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post04 Nov 2008, 00:18

Us in the States get some of the same shakedown....I buy a watch from Switzerland(the Gruen Airflight), the seller puts down that it is a prescicion instrument. By the time they turned me loose I was $90 poorer. :x

OK, I'll go after this double posting problem - I had did a MOD(modification) to eliminate double postings but I suspect the hosting company upgraded the phpbb2 setup and eliminated my changes.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post04 Nov 2008, 00:30

Having re-read my last post I would just like to clarify that I mentioned the USA as an example as quite a lot of what I buy comes from the USA and custom charges apply only with purchases made from outside the EU it wasn't a snipe at any particular sellers or countries just a crumble about custom charges in general.

I have had lots of good deals with some very good sellers from the USA who understand the customs issues.

Regards Mick.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post04 Nov 2008, 16:00

Mick: I certainly didn't think you were targetting the USA...customs punishment seems to be the great equalizer across all borders. The customs problem I had was due to the seller trying too hard to help ME avoid customs charges(which we don't have on mormal consumer goods, just technical equipment and machinery and such). If she had just said "old watch" I would have sailed right thru at no charge. And returning a repair job is always tricky - to claim the true value sets the owner up for ridiculous charges, contrary to the spirit of most of the customs taxes. It's a real catch-22(damned if you do, damned if you don't). :x

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post05 Nov 2008, 06:02

Hey Mick,

Which serial number is on the back of your Nixie watch?

I got the 2nd batch serial number 088 on mine.

They are truely unique timepieces, I like their adjustable accuracy, and neat smoothly curved digits. Though the watch is a bit much for my small wrists. :(

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post05 Nov 2008, 10:52

Yes it is definately not a small watch :lol:
The serial number on mine is 30010 - does that mean 3rd series?

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post05 Nov 2008, 16:54

Neat! your correct, it's only the 10th example of the 3rd series.

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post05 Nov 2008, 19:42

Pictures please guys... ;-)
Previous

Return to Other digital watches, clocks and gadgets