It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:07

new bronze watchcase

Discussion on Nixies, Jump Hours and all other digital watches, clocks and gadgets
  • Author

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

new bronze watchcase

Post28 Mar 2012, 19:07

[url][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/bronzewatchcases023.jpg/]Image[/url]
[/url] the movement is a 1947 Lord Elgin 21 jewel pocket watch movement. case made out of 2" dia bronze bar. lugs cut and fitted by hand and silver soldered on. made on unimat 3 and hand tools. more photos on my image shack site. peter :mrgreen:

charger105

Guru

Guru

Re: new bronze watchcase

Post29 Mar 2012, 09:56

Very impressive work Peter.
I like the asymmetric crown position, and the glass caseback. Is the caseback is held in place with screws ?
Rgds.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post29 Mar 2012, 12:29

thats a nice one, love to see high res pics of it.

Peter can you have a closer look in your free time to dropbox for posting pictures...it's also free and without advertising and you can just drop the picture
in a map on your pc to get a link to post them here.
I have a lot af problems with imageshack and advertising.

more info and help on dropbox for posting.
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5079

Kasper
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post29 Mar 2012, 18:32

yes, the back is held on with 5x 1.2 m/m s/s screws. the holes before tapping are barely 1 m/m. that was tense as each hole was finished. i also have a round .5 m/m rubber gasket on the back. the offset of the crown is a copy of early w/w watches that used pocket watch movements. actually it is quite easy to read as the 12/6 is in direct line of vision for the wearer. this one however needs to be worn on the right arm. for leftys, which i am. i am also making one for the left wrist. it is almost finished. it will have a 1920's Howard movement. peter

kasper, i am not that modern on the iphone app stuff. just an old hp 735. i have always had problems posting photos altho many seem to be able to do it fine. maybe it is just my 70 year old brain. :-? peter

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post29 Mar 2012, 18:49

Wow, that's really neat. I love the rotated orientation of the movement with the crown at 11:00 or so. Very original!

-abe.

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 Apr 2012, 03:20

photo.Image i am still confused on attaching photos. as you can see this is from image shack. i have installed dropbox on my computer as well. have not been able to get it to work. i think if you click on this photo you can view the rest of them. !@@! peter

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post03 Apr 2012, 10:40

Nice Job 8-)

I have attached some of your photo's for all to see (hope you don't mind).

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post03 Apr 2012, 11:31

when you install dropbox...dropbox made a folder called dropboxfolder on your pc. When you look in it, you will see a folder called Mydropbox and in that folder is another one and "the important one" called PUBLIC. Every file you drop in this folder will automatically synchronized with dropbox servers. So after you have dropped a file in that public folder..you wait a few seconds so it has synchronized and then you click with your right mousebutton on that file and go in the menu to
dropbox-->copy public link and paste the link here between the img tags.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 Apr 2012, 22:59

thx kasper, i don't mind your posting the photos. i will try the dropbox. your further instructions should help greatly. you may notice in the photos from the black strap to the brown strap the crown is changed. i had installed a screwdown crown originally. however it couldn't take the stress of winding the stronger p/w spring and it failed on me. i then installed an antique p/w crown. the threaded tube is still there. the p/w crown fit over it almost perfectly. the next one has a p/w crown from the start.. peter

Return to Other digital watches, clocks and gadgets