It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:23

Junghans mega clock

For Stone Age Men (and Women) and their Toys
  • Author

wally wharton

Junghans mega clock

Post06 Jul 2013, 07:56

Dear members,

I need your help and advice once again after a very long time pardon the pun I have managed to find another junghans clock radio controlled my only problem is that as I purchased the clock from Europe I find the clock won't set to the current time in the United Kingdom it keeps setting to European time.

Any ideas or advice would be very much appreciated as to what if anything can be done I have tried resetting by the recall button and removing the battery

Kind regards

W.W.

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Junghans mega clock

Post10 Jul 2013, 21:45

I am sure it can be adjusted somehow as the junghans mega 1 watches can also be set.
Perhaps you can find a manual by googlng for it.
Maybe someone here owns the same type and can help you, post a picture or model/type so we know what to look for.

Regards,
Cesar
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
The reason i collect watches is because it feels like i'm buying time.

wally wharton

Post11 Jul 2013, 14:11

Thanks for your input but there appears to be no button or way of altering the hour hand apart from the reset button which only resets the time to Europe time

As regards the manual there is nothing in that either

Regards

W.W.

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post11 Jul 2013, 21:09

Perhaps this is of some help.

http://www.u-t-s.de/PDF_Daten/583374_MSF%20RC_wallclock+DO_Specification.pdf

It says something about making a "bridge" so it goes in setting mode and the hands should go to 12 o clock.
In your case i think there is an hour difference.
Read section 2.3/2.4, pull of the hands and push them back in the correct position seems to be the solution then.

Good luck. :Hi:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
The reason i collect watches is because it feels like i'm buying time.

wally wharton

Post18 Nov 2013, 22:11

Dear Members,

I am at a loss after purchasing two Junghans clocks one alarm and one wall both of which will not change to G.M.T. but show the time in Europe

Does anyone have any ideas before I take a hammer to them both as I was told at the time of purchase that they would work in the UK and both sellers refuse to reply to my emails.

Kind regards

Walter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post19 Nov 2013, 10:02

Your clocks seem to synchronize to DCF77.

If you use a Junghans Mega 1000 you can manually adjust the hour to your local time by holding the button T4 in normal time display mode until the hours flash (like 3 seconds holding should be sufficient). With the buttons T1 and T2 you can adjust the hours.

For the mega alarm 1 put the switsch to the "Set" position. Then hold the "24 hour" button and use the +/- buttons while keeping to hold the 24 hour button.

For other Junghans clocks there should be similar mechanisms. I never had that table clock from Junghans, but it can't have many buttons, so see what happens if you keep holding one for a few seconds and push another one or vice versa.

wally wharton

Post20 Jan 2014, 21:46

Dear fronzelneekburm,

Sorry I have waited so long to get back to you about the Junghans Mega 1 alarm clock I tried to reset the clock as you described
but it does not change the time on the clock display only the alarm time any other ideas.

The reason I am emailing now is that I sent the clock back to the seller only for him to send it back to me after six weeks !!!!!!

Any ideas any one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind regards

Walter

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post30 Jan 2014, 22:59

I can only guess here, but if you did as i described i think your 24h button is broken or you did not push it hard or long enough. normally when youset the switch to "Set" mode then + and - should change the alarm time if i remember right. Holding the 24h button and using + and - should change time offset. I cant try myself as the clock is in my dads bathroom right now and hes living like 200 Km away from here, but I am quite sure it was like that.

Return to Non - Digitals with Hands