It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 06:08

pulsar calculator 901

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

Kasper

Guru

Guru

pulsar calculator 901

Post05 Dec 2011, 03:09

after 15 years, i decided for the first time to put some batteries in my pulsar 901 calculator. yeah i know..to many watches and this is not a daily wear watch. I always tough that she was working.

So after putting fresh batts in it..the only thing that works is the calculator. so pressing 0 does the job and all other digits works.
If i press the pulsar command button..the calculator digits goes away and the screen is blanc...nothing anymore..so the command button works but why can i not see the hour or date?

Anyone an idea??
thx
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: pulsar calculator 901

Post05 Dec 2011, 04:57

Quartz oscillator crystal died? Not needed for calc. portion.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post05 Dec 2011, 13:50

yes Ed, that was also in the back of my mind..but how easy is it to repair..i have no experience with this one.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

DrLaser

Banned

Post05 Dec 2011, 18:30

Hi to you all
I have a little question on the side . I just would like to know if the calculator modules in the american and european modes are the same .Do they fit each other?

regards

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post05 Dec 2011, 22:28

Yes, all Calculator modules are physically interchangeable. You just have to be careful about re-arranging the keyboard keys to match the version you are installing (reversing the positions of the "C" and "=" keys, and the positions of the "R" and "S" keys, depending on whether a 901 or 902/3 module is going in). DON"T open a Calculator (or any other Pulsar, for that matter) unless you are electrically grounded (or it's a rainy, high-humidity day, to eliminate any possibility of introducing a static charge into the electronics...something that may have killed as many modules as leaking batteries), and NEVER set an uncased Calculator module face-down on any surface, or you can kiss most of the display wire-bonds good-bye. :cry:

Return to Electronical