It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:28

Back Removing Tip

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Back Removing Tip

Post25 Feb 2006, 04:21

This doesn't apply as much to digital watches as most screw back digitals are the ring type (like Pulsar), but occasionaly I come across one, if you need to remove a screw back and don't have the tool, or even if you do have the tool but don't want to slip and scratch that mint watch! use a ball of sticky tape! I've used this method countless times and have never failed to get the back off with it :wink:

Planet-LED

Techie

Techie

Re: Back Removing Tip

Post25 Feb 2006, 06:41

Richard,

I'm not always the sharpist knife in the drawer, so I need some clarification. Are you recommending placing a small ball of sticky tape into the hole that the wrench fits into?

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post25 Feb 2006, 06:47

I think it's just a friction thing? You press a ball (lump) of sticky tape on the case back so it covers a fair amount of the back surface, and then pushing this sticky ball hard against the case back with your fingers, or the 'heel' of your hand twist in the right direction to unscrew the back. I've seen. but never used, hand held suction (vacuum) devices that work in a similar way.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post25 Feb 2006, 13:51

yeah what he said :D sorry I didn't make it very clear in my post, this is for regular screw backs, not the type with a screw ring.

Return to Electronical