It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:34

Trigger happy buttons

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Trigger happy buttons

Post25 Feb 2006, 06:55

Now among the most trivial of problems, this has to hit the top five, but it's anoying the hell out of me. When I press the button on my Hamilton, instead of just showing the time, it quickly skips to day/date as if i've pressed the button twice. This only happens sometimes, and I've tried pressing the button more firmly, and gently, but haven't sussed how to stop it from jumping. Is this a Hamilton problem? or an easy fix? Perhaps I just have to very slightly rotate the module so the buttons hit the contacts better? Other than that the watch works fine. Thanks for any advice.

PS the Hamilton is one of the later models, so i'm pretty sure it's not reed switch operated.

andyz4000

Techie

Techie

Re: Trigger happy buttons

Post25 Feb 2006, 08:05

Usually its a bad connection, it barely makes contact and creates a fast on off even though you are only pushing in once. Try cleaning the contacts.

Andrew

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Trigger happy buttons

Post02 Mar 2006, 00:13

Thanks Andy. I tried it, and it works a treat now :) I'm always a little nervous removing a module, particularly a working one, in case I do something clumsy, and really do some damage. I think that just comes with me being a beginer, when it comes to any kind of watch fixing (no matter how simple).

Return to Electronical