It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:37

Is my P3 dead?

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Is my P3 dead?

Post17 May 2006, 12:32

Hi,
last time I wanted to wear my P3 , it didn't work, flat batteries I think as I don't wear it every day.
I change the batteries (the old were really flat) and what do I optain?
a "0" (the first on the left after the 1)
I do it again many times then it's the ":" which lits up , try again then it's the 0 again (but the the second one this time)
then the 3rd 0 then the first again then the ":" etc etc
It looks dead to me isn't it?
Last edited by CompuChron2 on 07 Aug 2006, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

andyz4000

Techie

Techie

Re: Is P3 dead?

Post17 May 2006, 16:12

Sounds like the crystal, but also check battery contacts on case back and battery compartment. If they are not well sprung or dirty this can also cause problems.

Good Luck

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Re: Is my P3 dead?

Post19 May 2006, 23:33

This morning I received another P3 bought on ebay as untested.
I open it and I find the big original 355 bateries inside , so it must really be untested.It looks clean inside except a really small oxydation.
I clean it then test it and ......... it does the same thing as my other P3 !!(which is autoset):0 then . then 0 then 1 then 0 then . then 0...
Arghhhh..........!!!

Isn't it a dead IC?

dot matrix

Digital Guy <br>(Forum Founder)

Post20 May 2006, 00:02

The same problem twice is kind of suspicious. Are you grounding yourself while you work on your watches? If not, you may want to consider wearing a grounding strap.
LED watches are quiet and polite. No ticking, no tocking, no beeping, no buzzing; they will only tell you the time when you ask to see it and they will do so instantly with no attention-seeking animations. A more civilized watch for a more civilized age.

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post20 May 2006, 00:09

No I wasn't grounded , is it too late now?
Did I do any arm to my watches , how can I get grounded without the strap or how can I build one up?
Thanks

Just to be clear :
on each watch when I put batteries a number ( 0 most of the time )appears and stay lit until I remove the batteries but this number varies from place to place when I take off the batteries and try again

dot matrix

Post20 May 2006, 00:24

PULSAR-FRANCE, information about electrostatic-discharge and grounding straps can be found in this thread.
LED watches are quiet and polite. No ticking, no tocking, no beeping, no buzzing; they will only tell you the time when you ask to see it and they will do so instantly with no attention-seeking animations. A more civilized watch for a more civilized age.

Return to Electronical