It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:17

Nepro LCD

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Nepro LCD

Post29 Jul 2006, 02:58

Is there any help for these watches?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nepro-Quartz-N-O-S- ... dZViewItem

Thanks!
I?m losing my edge!

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Nepro LCD

Post29 Jul 2006, 17:34

Does it definately have a broken LCD, as stated by the seller? Think it's one of the old dynamic scattering models (there's a pic of an identical GF version in the Doensen book)? As it's NOS, what's the chance it just need's contacts cleaning, and new batteries? I think it cold be worth a punt, if the price doesn't go up too much!

As I didn't have anything like this, I have just bought the GF version the seller was auctioning, as a speculative buy. Would also have bid on this, but I don't want to be greedy, and I don't plan to do too much speculative buying. Also, as NEPRO's seem to be very rare on ebay, I think getting a repalcement module would be a hell of a job! Good luck to anyone who bids :)

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post17 Aug 2006, 11:30

Bought 4 of these and none of them work, even if the display looks quite OK, it has small blemishes in the corners meaning that the vacuum from the LCD has disappeared. Not repairable unless you have a new display.
Good for collecting.

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Aug 2006, 18:29

I bought 1, with the same result. Still $39 for a nice metal watch strap, and a good condition Nepro box, should I ever buy another Nepro watch, is not my worst ever ebay win :)

Return to Electronical