It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:29

Bulova Sideview timekeeping

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Bulova Sideview timekeeping

Post16 Sep 2006, 11:13

I have a Bulova sideview with a timekeeping problem. Does anyone have any ideas? The problem's slightly different from the Bulova Computron problem digibloke metioned, so I thought i'd start a new thread.

Like digibloke's, my watch keeps great minutes, and date, but some time after I set it, the hours jump forward. I set it last night at 18:00, but by the time it should have been some where in the 19:00's it was actually in the 12:00's? The problem is different from digibloke because after the hours have leapt forward they continue to progress in a regular, not random, way as each hour passes, e.g. 12 to 1 to 2 etc.

The module is a 24hr, single button type, if that makes any difference?
Thanks for any suggestions :)

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: Bulova Sideview timekeeping

Post16 Sep 2006, 18:21

If you don't feel like popping all the way open, pop out both batterys and put a vacuum cleaner to one hole and give it a few seconds of gentle draft thru the other hole. Sometimes people have used steel wool or other conductive stuff on the watch and you have a minor short that sets off setting mode. Or do a close visual inspection. Sucks, I have one on my desk right now (Sharp brand) that does the same thing: very randomly, like every few days to 2 weeks, it falls back 30-40 minutes and then resumes keeping FLAWLESS time. :x And I've gone over it several times now, waaaay more effort than it will ever be worth.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Electronical