It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:21

Hughes module problem

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

Jdam

Hughes module problem

Post02 Oct 2006, 10:16

Hi All,

New member to the forum although I have been visiting from time to time.

I am having a problem with one of my LED watches. It has a Hughes Aircraft module with 2 pusher buttons and one set button. It has been working great until recently when I went to check out the batteries to see if they needed replaced as I had not used it in about 3 months. When I pressed the button I found that the batteries were dead. I then replaced them as I normally do and the watch worked again for about 20 minutes and then quit working. I replaced the batteries once again and the same thing happened.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this to happen? Do you think that it is repairable?

I would appreciate your thoughts very much!

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: Hughes module problem

Post02 Oct 2006, 14:59

1. Check for an wandering battery clip...might have shorted out one of the batterys and drained it.
2.Using a battery tester with a meter or VOM meter check both the batterys - is one drained and one still like new? If so, probably bad quartz oscillator crystal draining the one(the one that is "-" side down?).

Most Hughes modules are difficult to replace the quartz crystal on :( , at least compared to some other brands.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Electronical