It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:06

Wire Bond picture

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Wire Bond picture

Post29 Apr 2007, 11:43

I was mucking around with a microscope type thing I bought to see if it could be used for some module repairs and a curious though crossed my mind, could I take a picture through the eyepiece, so I dug out my old Fuji Finepix point & shoot and captured this...
Looks pretty good don't you think... :D

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

re: Wire Bond picture

Post29 Apr 2007, 15:49

Very good shot Klippie - what brand is the module? I notice a lot of the wire bonds have a wisker that comes back from the copper traces. I believe some manufacturers actually used those for handling purposes back in the early days. Legions of ladies with very steady hands, carefully placing those all day under a microscope for low wages :?
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

redled

Techie

Techie

Post29 Apr 2007, 15:59

Great pic Klippie. What kind of microscope is it? I was thinking of getting something like that myself, for the same purpose.

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post29 Apr 2007, 23:29

ED,

Its a Hughes ladies module ( I bought the watch thinking it had a 29mm module in it DOH... :oops: I've been after one for ages you see ) there is a transparent cover over the LED's this may be causing a reflection of the wire bond wiskers your seeing.

redled,

Sorry I can't see any makers name or model on the microscope thingy its not a proper microscope either its like high power magnifying lenses on an arm. I'd like a real microscope but half decent ones make a lot of money on Ebay.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post15 May 2007, 00:32

"magnifying lens on an arm" - sounds like a Bulova Accutron semi-microscope with large working distance used for adjusting the pawl finger on the complicated tuning fork movement.
a standard miscroscope wont give you that much working distance.

Return to Electronical