It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:49

Omega Sensor Quartz cal. 1640 - Restoration

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

loncar

Omega Sensor Quartz cal. 1640 - Restoration

Post04 Jun 2007, 23:45

Hi,
I'm restoring a sensor quartz cal. 1640. The module itselv is working OK. I need new crystal and to polish the case.

I can't get the crystal out. Anyone knows how to do it? Is it glued? The same goes for the pushers - they work OK - but I need to remove them - before polishing the case - they are made of plastic and will be damaged if not removed.

Thanx a lot

d.loncar

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

re: Omega Sensor Quartz cal. 1640 - Restoration

Post07 Jun 2007, 00:57

hi, that module is not common so I would suggest to post some pictures or find some on the net and add links. otherwise it's hard to guess.

med vennlig hilsen
Piotr

loncar

Post08 Jun 2007, 09:59

Hi

this is the watch:
http://katoso.webs-host.com/watch4sale/ ... /A393.html

The module is OK, all I need is to remove the crystal. I don't know how.
That's my problem.
kind regards
d.loncar

loncar

Post12 Jun 2007, 21:36

Hi again,
pls. look at the previous picture or it's probably the same for all lcd - crystals. How do I remove the old crystal?

Sure some of you pro's have been doing that before ??

I still haven't figured out how to remove it.

kind regards
d.loncar

exclusifscott

: Omega Sensor Quartz cal. 1640 - Restoration

Post09 Mar 2008, 19:28

bonjour j ai une OMEGA SENSOR QUARTZ état neuf à vendre . et aussi une autre abimée si vous etes interessé cordialement ...[/b]

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post10 Mar 2008, 14:55

loncar - that link takes us to a site that doesn't really work well, and the links on that take us to a junk portal for knock-off(imitation) watches and such. You should post your picture using something like Imageshack(below) or some other photoservice.

The crystal on your Omega pushes OUT, from the inside, you may want to
drip some acetone around the edge to loosen the glue or (safer)soak in hot water for 10+ minutes. Don't drop into hot water, put the watch in lukewarm water and then heat gently. Keep it off the bottom of the item you heat in by laying it on a crumpled sheet of aluminum foil. You cannot get water any hotter than it's boiling point, so your plastic buttons should be safe. The plastic buttons push out from inside, but they may be plastic coated metal, in which case they have a small clip on the inside - push button in and examine closely. :shock:
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post10 Mar 2008, 15:26

Not sure if loncar will read this, this posting is 8 months old and his lost posting was in Aug 07...

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post10 Mar 2008, 15:45

Too funny - I must have clicked on "unanswered posts" rather than "New posts since last visit". I'm trying to limit myself to answering only 1-2 posts a week, since I've been accused of being a "reply hog". Damn, a wasted answer!! :x
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Electronical