It is currently 02 May 2024, 04:56

omega TC2 damaged module

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

bubba166

omega TC2 damaged module

Post16 Oct 2007, 14:59

Took my Omega TC2 (insatlled with Hamilton module i think) for regular battery replacement last month. The guy in the shop showed me another TC2 (in original box) that had been brought in to the shop for repair (broken glass / module).

I asked the shop owner if the watch was repairable to which he replied "no chance" - "not worth even enquiring through Omega".

Upon collecting my TC2 with new batteries installed, I cheekily left my contact details and offerred £20 for the watch box of the damaged TC2 - hoping the owner of the watch would sell.

Last week I called in the shop to have new battery fitted to my Tag Heuer and cheekily asked if the damaged TC2 had been collected or if the owner was willing to sell the box alone.

To my amazement, the watch was still there which prompted the shop owner to contact the watch owner and offer £20 for the box. The owner informed the shop I could have the watch & box for £20 as he didn't want either as the watch was unrepairable.

Upon getting the TC2 home I assessed the watch which at first sight looked to be in vey poor condition.

I have since cleaned up the watch which I would now describe to look at as fair/good conditiion apart from the broken glass.

I have had some batteries insatlled and the module works but has a slight glitch. The date constantly flashes on & off. When the time button is depressed the display flashes between date & time. When the date button is depressed the date is displayed constantly before reverting to flashing date. The watch does keep correct time and date, and all segments of the display do work.

I transferred the module into my other TC2 casing in hope that the problem was to do with the date pusher button. Unfortunateley the problem remained.

Has anyone any thoughts / recommendations regarding getting the module repaired?

Many thanks.[/code]

charger105

Guru

Guru

: omega TC2 damaged module

Post17 Oct 2007, 02:18

It sounds as though it could be a problematic reed switch. The reeds may be virtually touching each other, which would cause the date display to flicker on and off.

Try running it out of the case......the magnetic field from the button would be compounding this issue, even when not depressed. Or try disconnecting one end of the reed switch, and running it in the case.

By the way, I've never worked on an Omega........this is applicable to Pulsar modules, which I believe are the same.

Rgds,
Andrew.

Return to Electronical