It is currently 11 May 2024, 08:27

Chrome plating

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Chrome plating

Post13 Aug 2008, 13:30

Hi. Just wondering if anyone here knows of someone who could/would re-plate watch parts (chromium plating). All the places I can find on the net seem to stick to doing 200 car bumpers at a time. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: Chrome plating

Post13 Aug 2008, 19:20

Stop at a tool & die shop or call a heat treating company and ask them if they know of someone who does spray chroming(this is a hot process, not some paint-like junk). It is common for certain close tolerence shafts and wear points on tools to be ground undersize, then chromed and ground carefully to size using diamond wheels. They can do small items - holes as small as 1/4"(6mm) are frequently chromed when someone blows one out too big in a big die section :oops: and welding is out of the question.

www.caswellplating.com sells kits for chroming(electroplate), but I think you would be fairly disappointed on an object like a watch.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Electronical