It is currently 10 May 2024, 23:49

Dumb e-clips!

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Dumb e-clips!

Post25 Nov 2008, 00:12

Hi all,

Long story short, I took off the 4 pushers from one of my Seikos to clean it. Well - the pushers and their holes are clean - but now I can't finagle the darn e clips back on! :cry: Using my fingers alone is useless - the clips are too small. I tried using tweezsers but they actually get in the way. What do you use??

Thx.

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

: Dumb e-clips!

Post25 Nov 2008, 10:43

I get them back on using tweezers. First I clamp the case so that I've got both hands free (if you haven't got a clamp then a big blob of blu-tac on a table will hold it well enough to get them on).

There's a tiny groove on the pusher shaft and if you use your tweezers to sit the ring in it it should stay in place (without trying to push it on). Use your free hand to guide it. Once it's sitting there it's just a matter of applying pressure in the direction of the gap in the ring to pop it back on. You can use the flat end of your tweezers. The main thing is to think of it as a two stage operation - positioning and pushing.

It's really important that you do this on a big table with no clutter on it as if they end up on a rug/carpet then they're a real pain to find.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

: Dumb e-clips!

Post25 Nov 2008, 19:49

Thanks digibloke. I found some finer tipped tweezers last night.
I was holding the case in one hand and trying to the rest with my other band. :oops: Yes - a clamp or some blue tac is definitely what I need.
Thanks for the tip.

Return to Electronical