It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 15:14

Looking for original copy of Zanoni's repair book on LCD/LED

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Looking for original copy of Zanoni's repair book on LCD/LED

Post10 Aug 2004, 16:52

hi all :-)
i'm looking for the original copy of Zanoni's booklet that I could borrow (and return of course at a deposit if needed).
The quickcopied and xerox versions are not that good so I'd like to reprint it in color.
The original has a silver/gray cover with red strip.

Will be obliged for any assistance.

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Looking for original copy of Zanoni's repair book on LCD

Post10 Aug 2004, 19:37

Hi azimuth!

Have you read the Zantech LED/LCD repairbook?
And welcome to the forum.
I?m losing my edge!

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post11 Aug 2004, 09:46

hi embelton,
Zanoni's book = Zantech's book
i've seen it and browsed it however a nice high resolution reprint would be better than the quickcopied version.
would anyone borrow it for a while?? I could make a few additional copies for you.

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post11 Aug 2004, 20:30

Me=Idiot :oops: :oops: :oops:
I?m losing my edge!

joeywaycool

Techie

Techie

Post14 Sep 2004, 03:08

azimuth_pl wrote:hi all :-)
i'm looking for the original copy of Zanoni's booklet that I could borrow (and return of course at a deposit if needed).
The quickcopied and xerox versions are not that good so I'd like to reprint it in color.
The original has a silver/gray cover with red strip.

Will be obliged for any assistance.

One is on Ebay for purchase:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31387&item=4923980797&rd=1

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post14 Sep 2004, 09:55

Thanks! :-)

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 15:26

Hate to say that, copying a book is a small crime, but SELLING a copied book you don?t own the rights for is just plain theft.
It?s the same like when you sell copied CDs from Windows, Photoshop, etc...

Does the word "Piracy" mean anything to you?

Just because you bought a book does not mean you can publish it. And even for money? You can?t do that, please remove the link or you?ll get kicked from the forum. I hope for your sake that Mr. Zanoni doesn?t have Internet... :evil:

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 15:30

HE actually HAS Internet and he is selling the book even cheaper than your pirated copies... Shame on you!!!

http://www.easycarts.net/ecarts/Shoppin ... ml#70VTBMB

Remove that shit from your webpage really soon or I?ll drop him a mail.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 15:53

Hi,
Did you read the disclaimer?
Let me know how to delete it and the problem is solved.
Zanoni is selling a quick xeroxed version in not very satisfying quality.
This one is high dpi laser printed.
Besides, this manual is supposed to promote led watch repair and the price covers the materials and services to print a copy and shipping.
By the way, this is not the latest version of copyrighted Windows.
There are time limits regarding copyright and this manual has a copyright date going back 25 years.
I would feel wrong if I would make money on somebody's copyright but I'm not making money here only sharing and spreading the content.
Nevertheless I don't see a problem to remove the post if you tell me how to do that.

rgds
azimuth_pl

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 16:06

I?ve done this for you.

Don?t try fooling me - when you take much time and effort to write a book about let?s say watches and someone else just puts it on a copier and sells it - DON?T TRY TO TELL ME YOU WOULD LIKE THAT!!!
Especially when you sell the book on your own site.

Better put that site down, after your bullshit answer I?m really thinking about telling Mr. Zanoni. You can?t commercially pirate his book, this comes close to organized crime. And even if you print it on gold instead of paper - It?s Mr. Zanoni?s book and if he wishes to print it on used toilet paper it?s his DAMN GOOD right to do so!!!

And don?t fuck around with "time limits" - bright boy, you think you?re now the owner to all older books and you can now do a reprint on Citizen Cane on your own or bring out a nice CD sampler with old beatles songs?

Well, now you?ve made me REALLY mad. :evil:

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 16:25

Well, sorry that I made you mad.
We just have a different perspective for life.
As before - I'm not making money here.

And if it would refer to me, I wouldn't mind if somebody after 20 years would take the time to promote my old forgotten knowledge covered with dust. I would be happy that they would be given the opportunity to read it and apply in life. And honestly I would buy that person a beer if I were the author.

I wouldn't bother with the whole thing if the book was widely available.
And believe me - it's not just putting a piece of paper in a xerox machine like the author's copies. This copy was done from the beggining, scanned, corrected and laser printed. Weeks of work..... just in order to give others the chance to use the outcoming knowledge.

You might also delete all the following posts as they do not have any sense after deleting the previous one.

brgds, no hard feelings.
azimuth_pl

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 17:01

Sorry to say that, but I?ve never heard such a Bullshit.

Zanoni STILL TODAY sells the book at his website at a more than fair price for such a special book. I REALLY REALLY doubt he?ll be happy and give you a beer for pirating his work. I bet he?d rather want to call the police.

And you can?t pirate stuff because you made a "better" version with better materials. Oh and "weeks of work", I?ll start crying soon. You ever thought how much work it took Zanoni to write and publish that book?

Oh and when you do it "just for the greater good" without making money, then why don?t you just put the PDF file from your scan on your website for FREE? Oh and don?t mis-understand me: That was NOT meant to encourage you into pirating stuff, it?s illegal and theft this or that way.

And I?m glad we got a different perspective of life, you know some of us earn their money with honest work. Oh and I?m sure you dont make a cent on these sales. It?s just a stupid hazard that the paper and toner costs the surprisingly round sum of exactly 20,00 US-$. Yeah, sure... :roll:

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 17:24

Please read again and let me know where there is space for making money?:
5$ postage
5$ for fuel to the post office and packing materials
10$ ordering it ready and bound at a small printing company that has the hardware (I don't)

leaving perhaps 1$-2$ for queueing for an hour at the post office.

Mr.Zanoni is not selling the book that is 20 years out of print - only a quickxeroxed copy - spiral bound.

I thought about posting a pdf file but I don't have the possibilities as I have a limited 1,5MB/per hour download.

And please don't make fun of me and call my words bullshit. I'm not bullshitting you so don't do the same as I know what hard honest work is.
If you feel like crying, please go ahead, but don't call me a liar!!!

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 18:12

I think it's a good idea to have a high-quality remake of the book.
But Mr. Zanoni should at least give his agreement, and he certainly deserves a share from each book. So how about asking him what he thinks about it? Perhaps he's even happy if he doesn't have to Xerox every copy by hand, ship it, etc.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 18:22

That's a good objective attitude, instead of calling me a crook and liar!!!

However there wouldn't be a share in it besides a few cents from my handling fee.

This whole thing wouldn't happen if the guys at Zantech would care to promote the book and make it easily available. If you have some LEDs but you'e not a led freak then you don't even know who Zanoni is, not mentioning his book! I hope this copy will change the situation.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 19:13

Oh yeah, as I said - it will for sure cost you exactly 20.00 bucks. Probably you even pay up for sending the book to someone, after all you?re a good samaritan, right? You also sell these extremely expensive T-Shirts far under value, just because you like to show the world your love for Pulsars... :roll:

I REALLY support the idea of Mr. Zanoni giving you the license to reprint his great book. But I REALLY REALLY doubt he?d be interested in that.

You?re arguments are the same the people use for "abandonware", the stupid myth that you can copy everything if you don?t get it in a store near you. That?s just plain pirating!!!

And I call it bullshit because you wrote bullshit. Now even more - you blame Zanoni himself for you to pirate his book, thats the worst bullshit I?ve ever heard. No author needs to promote his books or print them at all and they STILL belong to him. Zanoni not being a marketing ace DOES NOT give you the right to steal his work, not even if you give it away as a gift, only Zanoni has the right to do so...

You probably also steal your neighbors car and then say "Hey, it?s a Chevrolet, these cars are not properly promoted in my country"...

And I sure won?t start crying, but I?m sure you will once Zanoni finds out about you. Even if you didn?t lie and you?re really a "good samaritan" or just plain stupid, there?s no excuses for piracy, especially not if you charge money for that. That?s professional theft!!!

Over and out!

I don?t think we need to discuss copyright/piracy topics here and I?m fed up from all "excuses" for it.

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post25 Nov 2004, 19:34

mmmm,catfight...love it 8)
I?m losing my edge!

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 19:39

Call me stupid if your level of being polite is that low.
And yes, I am a good samaritan. You don't even know what a helpful and kind person I am. And yes, I do many things for free or without charging anything. I repair watches for all my neighbours and friends at work and don't charge a penny. And YOU Stefan will never find out how good I am if you call people stupid in the very beginning.

And yes, I will write to Zantech about this so don't cry that you were not the first one to report this to them. I also suppose that you would be more satisfied as an author if your book would be be forgotten and dusted instead of giving it away for free.

In reference to Pulsar tshirt, John Bergey (former Pulsar president) loves them and is wearing two of them with pleasure. He was very, very pleased with my work. And they are not expensive if you try to make ONE individual piece on your own - it's not mass production. As you can read on my site - they are not thin single use shirts for 1$. Try on your own first and then judge instead of just being impolite.

And last, piracy means MAKING money - stealing from somebody. I'm not earning $ here - just making it more available. If that is crime, then I'm guilty for a better cause for everybody to share.

Fronz - Reply to posts - not edit my words!!!!

Try to be more polite instead of talking with your guts instead of calm reasoning.

brdgs
azimuth_pl
Piotr Samulik
Poland
Last edited by azimuth_pl on 26 Nov 2004, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post25 Nov 2004, 20:00

fronzelneekburm, you're 100% right, there is no excuse for plagiarism.
But I think it's a shame to let the remake die. All the work done for nothing.
azimuth_pl: As you stated you don't want to make money with the book, so how about trying to sell the remake to Zanoni for a *small* fee? They can sell the higher quality reprint for $2 more. You make the advertising like you'd have done it for your copy, but only provide a link to Zantech. Your work will be publicly acknowledged, and you even get a little money for it without having to "queue for an hour at the post office" for each single book you sell :wink:
Now, how's that?

And if Zanoni won't agree, then leave it, and learn from it. Trying to be helpful is often misunderstood. My $0.02. Over and out.

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post25 Nov 2004, 20:11

I know its wrong but I would have bought a copy from Piotr,now I have second thoughts about it....but I really think that our beloved Fronz has stepped over the line here calling people stupid and everything.
I see your point Fronz but lets behave.
Piotr,it was a good idea but its not right.

Contact Zanoni as Kateshikano said earlier.
I?m losing my edge!

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post26 Nov 2004, 00:15

I found a Zanoni book here http://www.tmpco.com/catalog/catalog.htm
look for zanoni....only $2.95 :D and they have another digital book also,look above Zanonis.
I?m losing my edge!

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post26 Nov 2004, 11:11

Zanoni wrote many books but there is also no description of the book for 2.95$ that you linked.

Stefan has just shown his lowest level of being a polite human.
ALL YOU CAN DO IS CALL PEOPLE STUPID. CONGRATULATIONS FRONZ!

Forget about the whole subject, if weeks of work of making the book more widely available without making money is treated by fellow collectors as stealing a Chevrolet, then I'd rather spend that time in front of the TV instead of working for nothing and being called stupid.
Thanx for nothing.
People, get your copy's from Zantech and don't ever try to waste my time and ask for a better high quality copy from my source.
Or even better - let's forget about the book and it will surely get covered by dust in the next 10 years. Congratulations my friends.
In your way of thinking it's better for nobody to have it instead of giving it away for free.
I wonder if Socrates would be known today if his works were not copied in the following centuries.
Once again congratulations for appreciating my time.
Next

Return to Electronical