It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 07:56

casio module removal

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

james_stan

Techie

Techie

casio module removal

Post19 Nov 2011, 14:43

hi All

Just picked up a nice Casio 60QS-20 1977. Not really my thing but I would like to clean it up a bit as it seems to be a runner. Maybe sell it on.

Anyhow was looking to clean it up in the ultrasonic bath so wanted to remove the module. Thought it would easily drop-out, however this appears to be better engineered than most of my LEDs ! Any tips on removal ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kasper

Guru

Guru

: casio module removal

Post19 Nov 2011, 19:59

i take a very sharp pin..needle..and try to find a place so you could slowly lift it like a lever on the outside of the module.
First look that no pushers are in the way.
The carefully lift it at 3 or 4 differend places.

or you could loosen the 4 screws a bit and take it from there. But try first thing first :-)
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

james_stan

Techie

Techie

Post19 Nov 2011, 21:59

Hi Kasper

thanks tried a thin blade and also loosened(actually removed) teh four
screws but nothing seems to budge. Didn't want to prise too hard of course - thought I might be missing a trick but perhaps not..

JS

PS November 29th getting close now -good luck from a father of 3!!

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Post20 Nov 2011, 14:05

Looks like it is a "latched" module- down at the 5 & 7 o'clock positions there are paired slits in the module outer black plastic housing, usually these have a tab on that fits into a groove in the outer case. Fine needle and lots of patience (unless you have three hands!) needed to get them out. Module 60 is actually quite rare and I have never extracted one from the case.

The other Casio trick is a small piece of gungy black double sided tape applied to the front of the module- normally found on the very thin modules. WIth these you just have to ease the module out slowly.

james_stan

Techie

Techie

Post20 Nov 2011, 16:20

Hi Tom

Thanks. I found the slits (barely visible with the naked eye). Now I'm not sure if I'm looking to push the tabs to the outside of teh case or try and hook them back into the module. If the latter I think I won't bother looks rather tricky and might lead me to mess it up completely..

Cheers

JS

Return to Electronical