It is currently 14 May 2024, 02:30

helbros repair

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

helbros repair

Post26 Dec 2011, 04:25

i just took in for repair a helbros alarm led. totally blank screen w/new cells. 344's x 2. replaced qc. still no joy. put it aside for a few hrs, it came to life, altho' it stayed lit in hrs. set mode. removed pcb from carrier and gave it a vinegar wash, followed by h2o, followed by alcohol wash. reassembled. JOY, it works. there is no id on either the module or case or screen. in looking thru my book of led/lcd models from the 1970's, the closest i came to a similar button layout was helbros. went to the photo gallery and found one almost exactly like it in mick's gallery. only difference is this one has a square unmarked screen and mick's is cushion shaped. anyone know who made the module? peter

bucko170

Guru

Guru

: helbros repair

Post26 Dec 2011, 05:20

Hi Pete,

I think there are quite a few different LED alarm models, your description reminds me of this one which has no makers name on it?

Module.

In addition to the one shown in my gallery I have also had/have a few other alarm models all which have Frontier modules.

Another Helbros Alarm.

A Gruen Alarm.

Mercury Bleep Time.

Not sure if this helps any :-?

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post26 Dec 2011, 06:42

mick, the pic you show of the back of the module is not the same as in this one. the pushers in this one press on some little conducting rubber pads. the button layout is the same. also the batt retaining clip covers the entire back of the module. snaps in place. i am not sure if i have the original back as it does not quite fit as good as it should and the retaining ring doesn't screw down quite properly. anyway i am pleased i got it going again and it is for a friend so i am not sure how fussy he is about it. i traded a longines tuning fork for the labor. it has an esa 9162 mov't similar to the bulova t/f, but much easier to work on. cheers, peter

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post26 Dec 2011, 12:18

A Frontier FR2007 module?

Previous thread with more photo's.
http://www.dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=3304&highlight=fr2007

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post26 Dec 2011, 18:09

hi mick, that's the one i have been dealing with. thx for the research. peter :-D

Return to Electronical