It is currently 14 May 2024, 18:03

Bulova drivers crystal remuval

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

egomon

Techie

Techie

Bulova drivers crystal remuval

Post09 Jan 2012, 12:43

Hi. next project what I have on the table is Bulova Computron N7, and I have new case for it and band and module. I need to remove from one old case a crystal for the new case. So my question is next:

Is the crystal removal from the Bulova drivers the same as with Pulsars? Pre-heated oven 175 C for 20- 30 minutes and gentile push and then the crystal will pop out or is there some other means to get it out safely?

Regards

Egon

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Bulova drivers crystal remuval

Post09 Jan 2012, 17:19

Hi Egon,

In my experience with 2 Bulova Drivers cases were they just popped out with a little pressure from behind. I didn't need to heat them in an oven first. The glue holding them in wasn't very strong. But the heating method is probably what I would've done next if they didn't come out right away.

egomon wrote:Hi. next project what I have on the table is Bulova Computron N7, and I have new case for it and band and module. I need to remove from one old case a crystal for the new case. So my question is next:

Is the crystal removal from the Bulova drivers the same as with Pulsars? Pre-heated oven 175 C for 20- 30 minutes and gentile push and then the crystal will pop out or is there some other means to get it out safely?

Regards

Egon

egomon

Techie

Techie

: Bulova drivers crystal remuval

Post09 Jan 2012, 21:01

Thank you for the reply.
The crystal swap was successful and it was very easy. All it take was oven pre-heated to 175 C and 15 minutes in it and the crystal came off very easy.

Thank you

Return to Electronical