It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:51

Polarising Film supplies

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

james_stan

Techie

Techie

Polarising Film supplies

Post03 May 2012, 17:08

Hi All

Much talk of this recently but not sure of the best suppliers (I want to try and crisp-up the display
on a Buler Chronoquartz). Is this the sort of stuff I'm after..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-1-LCD-Polarizer-Film-442-x-278mm-matt-self-adhesive-/290647727451?pt=UK_Computing_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item43abf45d5b

Cheers

JS

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Polarising Film supplies

Post03 May 2012, 17:32

i bought mine here
http://www.3dlens.com/shop/lcdpolarizer.php

they don't say how thick it is on your ebaylink.

the problem with these polarisers is that they are to thick...i like them thinner, but i can not find them.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

retrowrist

Wizard

Wizard

Post04 May 2012, 03:20

I agree with Kasper like always. I bought polarizing film that gave me the correct contrast, but the problem was that it was waaaaay too thick, not sure the exact thickness, but the end result was that it cracked the far lower left corner of the LCD panel of my Seiko M159-5059, and I gave up at that point. Seiko Kid offered me a deal on a NOS LCD panel replacement, but I had already invested too much time and money on that watch, so I declined. I have to say that replacing the polarizing film can be tricky. I am not sure if one needs to remove the original polarizer first, and then place the Non Adhesive polarizer over it, and then maybe tape it on securely? What I think I will do this next time around is slide the polarizer film under the LCD frame that holds the LCD panel in place. This may work.

Anyway, Good luck,

- Patrick

james_stan

Techie

Techie

Post04 May 2012, 18:25

Hi

Yes the whole trial of replacing the film does concern me especially with my ham-fists
and those delicate display panels(although some like quietman seem to do this as easy as making a cup of tea..)
so I like the idea of just adding a film on top - if I can get some of the correct film..

Cheers all

James

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post19 Apr 2014, 07:19

sometimes you might apply the new (thicker) filter not on the glass but on the metal frame...just to minimize the risk of cracking the display.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

Return to Electronical