It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:42

Seiko 0662-5009 - Lock stem and Reset Problem

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

retrowrist

Wizard

Wizard

Seiko 0662-5009 - Lock stem and Reset Problem

Post24 Jun 2012, 19:26

Hello everyone,

I have managed to fully disassemble my Seiko 0662 module, and needed some input as to correctly reassemble the "Setting lever Spring", "Setting lever switch", and "Setting lever." Following the manual, I see where all three parts reside on the circuit block, but...with the setting lever spring the correct position eludes me! I know that there are two notches in the setting lever spring, but is there a way to position the spring to get the setting lever switch to accept the position. In other words... does anyone have a photo of the assembled setting lever assembly for the 0624 or 0662? It would be helpful as the manual shows the positions of the setting lever and switch, but they do NOT have an illustration of the parts assembled.

Also, I have silicon grease, but not Seiko manufacturer oil for these types of LCD watches. Would it be alright to use the silicon grease in small amounts?

NOTE: When I did fully disassemble the module the setting lever was out of it's position and sliding all over the place. This may explain why the watch setting lever was not working.

Anyway, thank you all for your help.

- Patrick

retrowrist

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Seiko 0662-5009 - Lock stem and Reset Problem

Post28 Jun 2012, 23:46

Ok,

I found a little more information after researching, and the MOS block really should not be cleaned. But..............................

Can anyone here tell me what lubricant I can use for the setting spring mechanism for the Seiko 0624??? The manual call for a Seiko S-6 watch oil. What would be the modern equivalent for Seiko s-5 watch oil!

Also is it ok to clean the setting spring and the setting lever in alcohol?

Thank you everyone,

- Patrick

BENRUS

Wizard

Wizard

Post29 Jun 2012, 00:40

I'm wondering if this would be considered S5 ?

retrowrist

Wizard

Wizard

Post29 Jun 2012, 00:49

Thank you Benrus for the reply,

Here is what I need to know...Looking at the Illustration from the Seiko 0625 manual I posted, there are 3 places that call for Seiko S-6 oil in normal amounts. Can the silicon grease be used in supplement of the Seiko S-6 oil? Or do you have to use some kind of watch oil period! I am not sure if silicon grease can be used on the parts I need to oil in the picture I posted.

Anyway, thank you a lot Benrus,

- Patrick

BENRUS

Wizard

Wizard

Post29 Jun 2012, 01:17

I was thinking the "S" in "S5" might stand for "Silicon"
If it moves, just use a dab of lubricant where needed. There are no moving parts inside most LCD watches, and the buttons rubber gasket is most likely all that needs greased.
Good luck on your project ;-)

Return to Electronical