It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:51

Hamilton QED V battery replacement

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

bobmeyer

Hamilton QED V battery replacement

Post15 Jul 2012, 20:11

Please forgive these newbie questions. I've searched this forum and can't find an answer; I appreciate if anyone could steer me in the right direction.

I didn't appreciate this watch when my parents gave it to me in the 1970s and I almost never wore it. Now that I've found it I'd love to be able to wear it.

I guess the first thing to do is replace the battery, right? But is it true that I can't use a modern battery and must make or buy an adapter ring?

Also, how do I open the back? Is this something I can do on my own or am I just better off finding a repairman?

Thanks.

Bob

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Hamilton QED V battery replacement

Post16 Jul 2012, 12:13

Welcome Bob from us moderators..an expert in led will help you further.

it may take a bit longer then 1 hour cause most of them are enjoying sun, sex and the beach on there holiday, so be a little patients :-D

Have fun here.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post17 Jul 2012, 01:49

bobmeyer wrote:............I guess the first thing to do is replace the battery, right? But is it true that I can't use a modern battery and must make or buy an adapter ring?
Also, how do I open the back? Is this something I can do on my own or am I just better off finding a repairman?
Bob

Hi Bob,

I take it that the watch is the same as the one that is photographed below? If so the back is held on via a threaded ring, if you look at the case back you will see a stainless steel ring with notches on it this screws into the case to hold the back in place (photo 1).

The case back ring can be unscrewed and removed using the tools as shown below, photo 3 would be the better choice

2......... Loads to be found on eBay e.g. item number 160803893922

3......... See eBay item number 280916786113 and contact seller for correct size.

Modern batteries do fit (size 357) but work best with a spacer ring, these can be made at home simply enough but if you want to purchase them ready made you can buy them from the same seller selling the case back removal tool, see item number 280916252688 or from this site http://www.oldpulsars.com/ which sells them as a kit including the batteries, spacers and cell labels.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post17 Jul 2012, 02:09

Having just read you post on the DWF.cc which is complete with photo's :evil: I now see that your case back is the snap on type making this post obsolete :roll: follow the advice given on the other forum.

You must now buy a watch with a case back ring, so that my efforts have not been completely wasted. ;-)

Return to Electronical