It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:58

casio at--552 touchcalculator help

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

Kasper

Guru

Guru

casio at--552 touchcalculator help

Post21 Dec 2012, 19:00

hi all,

i have a casio at-552 touchcalculator here in good condition but not working...no digital or no analogue hands.

But i think there is something wrong where i put the arrow on the picture...can someone who has got the at-552 take a screenshot of the back or tell me what is sitting there?

Thx in advanced

Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Re: casio at--552 touchcalculator help

Post22 Dec 2012, 18:41

What goes there is a small chip capacitor- however if you look at the soldering of this capacitor and compare it to the others on the board you will notice that it has been soldered in by hand rather than automatically machine soldered. All module 320 boards have this capacitor hand soldered and I suspect it has to be selected individually for each board and probably is something to do with the drive to the touch screen.

Module 320 boards also have to be spotlessly clean to work properly and yours is filthy! Don't dunk it to clean it, use a paintbrush with suitable cleaners and try to stay away from the red resin covered capacitors (the resin should protect them but never a good idea to chance it).

Be very careful of the fine wires connecting the analog pulse coil to the circuit board- they are in a very vunerable position (and also subject to leaky battery attack being just next to the battery).

Return to Electronical