It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:08

G757 BATTERY?

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

wesley0284

G757 BATTERY?

Post19 Sep 2014, 02:03

Hello,

I have a G757 4030 and I replaced the battery shortly after I had received it. I do not remember what the battery was when I had purchased my G757 off of EBAY. It is in pristine condition.
I had replaced the battery with a (1.55) Volt and the G757 worked perfectly for a little more than a month. Then few days ago, the main screen went flashing as a low battery sign and then stopped. Is this normal for batteries and this watch, I know the history of how much "juice" she likes.

Last time I searched for a cell I had a hard time. What is the battery number for this watch, and what do you the pros recommend the most?

I would be most appreciated, Thank you!

charger105

Guru

Guru

Re: G757 BATTERY?

Post19 Sep 2014, 09:40

They use an SR1120W. Always use a silver oxide variety (which are 1.55V).
It should certainly last longer than a month or 2.
The G757 module is a bit finicky. Try another battery and see how it goes.

There might be some battery residue on the circuit board which is causing excessive current draw.
Or the battery you put in may have been sitting on a shelf for years and had degraded.
I'd suggest trying another battery change to start with.
Rgds.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post19 Sep 2014, 10:03

Maybe the b215-885 is not in a good c54268-5, you better try the 8895-500. I think your b215-885 was faulty. Try another one or change it to b999-500 M:)W:)M , just kidding.

Not everyone knows that you mean a seiko G757 :-, btw i think it's a bad battery. I always use Energizer, never had a problem. If you want to store the watch, leave the batt out. You can measure the hole of the watch compartiment and look
it up in our batterychart viewtopic.php?f=75&t=5631
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Post19 Sep 2014, 12:37

In number terms you are looking for a 391 battery (I like Renata) and it should last a minimum of 12 months using the backlight twice a day (3 seconds) and the alarm once. You say it has lasted a month which is a very short time- have a close look at the display when you next put a new battery in, are there any faint segments? (especially in the pseudo analog display part). Faint segments are usually indicative the LCD having "grown" fine metallic filaments between electrodes in the display which cause a partial short circuit of the LCD drivers greatly increasing current consumption. This occurs when a complex LCD has been left without power for a long period- Citizen panels are very prone to this as are some of the dot matric Casio panels. There seems to be no way of removing these filaments as they are of quite high resistance and will not carry enough current to "fuse" them open (I've tried!). Two ways to check this- either substitute the LCD for a known good one or dismantle the circuit board out of the watch and measure the bare board current consumption- details of how to do this are in the G757 technical manual which is available online from quite a few places.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post19 Sep 2014, 12:41

interesting Old Tom..thx. Btw is that the reason why some start up faint and getting better over days and then suddenly die again. I have a old ana digi casio with digital arm. Pops a new batt in and it's starts working with faint segment and after 1 day it's getting better and better and suddenly after a few days..all segment are gone.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to Electronical