It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:46

Electronica Help please

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Electronica Help please

Post26 Jan 2015, 04:10

Purchased this week and is in more than good cond, with one floor I think. :scratch:
As you can see in the 2nd pic there seems to be a very small part of the bottom left corner missing
on the first zero in seconds mode. Which is annoying but not a major bother.
Your thoughts would be much appreciated guys :?: :?:

When adjusting what I thought was the month I noticed it only went up to 7?
Is this a day of week feature? If so I don't suppose it matters what day you start from.
It's my first one of these but I can't for the life of me think what else it could be,
I'm afraid I haven't done my home work again. !@@! But something in the back of my mind is
telling me I read something somewhere about the days of the week in numbers on this watch????.
(I wish I could remember half of what I've forgot.) :bang:

Many thanks for replies, in advance. Pete. :Prost: :Prost:

Time crop.jpg

00 bit missing secs crop.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Electronica Help please

Post26 Jan 2015, 10:46

jagmad wrote:Purchased this week and is in more than good cond, with one floor I think. :scratch:
As you can see in the 2nd pic there seems to be a very small part of the bottom left corner missing
on the first zero in seconds mode. Which is annoying but not a major bother.
Your thoughts would be much appreciated guys :?: :?:

Have you had the module out of the case? I wonder if there is something physically covering it - odd to have just that bit missing.

jagmad wrote:When adjusting what I thought was the month I noticed it only went up to 7? Is this a day of week feature?

Yes :-D

Does it have a 24hr module?

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Re: Electronica Help please

Post26 Jan 2015, 17:06

Hi Mick thanks for the reply.
Have you had the module out of the case? I wonder if there is something physically covering it - odd to have just that bit missing.

Nope but Iv'e had a good look with my funny goggles on and it looks the same from all angles so I'd be
very surprised if it was an obstruction of some sort. Good idea though and I agree with you it seems funny
that it's only part of the segment missing.
My only thought at the moment is manufacturing fault, like wire bond attached in the wrong place.
Although that makes no sense really as that would mean the weld would have had to of taken to
a surface it wasn't meant to. :-?
Looking a little closer it looks as though each segment is made up of tiny lines as opposed to the round dots
on a pulsar, so could 2 or 3 of them have gone short circuit leaving the others working?

Oooo could they have been painted over? Did they paint the modules like Pulsar?
When I get a mo I'm gonna have to investigate. :ntars:
Never had one of these apart before anything I should watch out for, or is it straight forward. ~:(

Either way I'm not to worried if I have the rarest electronica in the world. :ironie:

Anyone else wanna add their thought's. :?:
:dwf: :dwf: :dwf:

Ps. Glad about the DOW feature, there's not enough month's in the year as it is. M:)W:)M
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

Return to Electronical