It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:20

Casio 481 module repair with 437 parts?

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

cte

Techie

Techie

Casio 481 module repair with 437 parts?

Post19 May 2015, 19:44

Hi all. :D

I have a casio 481 module that has a broken piece of plastic, where the battery clasp fixes to. I have been examining my modern 437 module and they look virtually identical. Is there an easy way to swap parts on these modules? They look pretty tight and complex to pull apart and reassemble. :eek: Are the parts even compatible with each other? Besides a body shop swap, is there a way to make the battery more secure in the current broken module shell?

For the moment the battery can still be clipped in securely but it did spring off inside the watch when I was wearing it yesterday.

Also, I am having problems with the sound. To get the sound working the little spring needs to be placed in the module so it can contact the rear of the case back. At the moment I get very faint sound or non at all. The 481 module is currently in a 437 module body. Maybe that's the problem? The sound was working loud and clear but I lost the original spring and am now using an identical spring from a 437, so I'm not sure why it's misbehaving.

Thanks! :-D

Some pics (I quite like the look of the ca 60 module inside the ca 50 body, but I will be looking for a ca 60 body soon. :grin1: )

Return to Electronical