It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:42

Piratron Translator watch button remake

Discuss problems, tricks and hints on case restoration, tools,watch buttons and tools.
  • Author

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Piratron Translator watch button remake

Post20 Mar 2012, 21:09

Hi all,

i recently purchased a Piratron translator watch..just for fun..it had only one problem...it was missing a button.
So i did a remake :-D

up right button

now i took a toothpick and cut it smaller, then i sanded it to the correct size.
Then i put it in superglue and waited till it was all plastified and then i glued it on the small pad.

voila a new switch button ...if only a could solve the other problem with this watch :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: Piratron Translator watch button remake

Post20 Mar 2012, 21:23

Kasper - excellent idea of soaking the toothpick in Super Glue. That is the more modern way of converting a fretted guitar or bass into a fretted one ( did this recently)...you stick in maple strips where the frets were, soak with Super Glue. Sand, then soak the entire thing, repeatedly, until it won't take any more. Hard like rock. If you ever need jet black Super Glue check a luthier's supply house - it is used for repairs to ebony fingerboards.

Be careful to never spill a larger bottle of SUper Glue and try to wipe up with a rag or such - so much of it will be reacting at the same time, the rag will burst into flames from the reaction heat :eek: , even though SG is not technically flammable.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

quietman

Techie

Techie

Post20 Mar 2012, 21:45

retroleds wrote:Be careful to never spill a larger bottle of SUper Glue and try to wipe up with a rag or such - so much of it will be reacting at the same time, the rag will burst into flames from the reaction heat

mmmmmmmmmmmm almonds.

Cyanoaromatics aside, whats the deal on Piratron. I see them a lot on the Continental Europe sites but never really take much interest. Are they any good?

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Post20 Apr 2012, 11:42

Piratron was a brand name used by a distributor in Germany for watches sourced from a Company in Hong Kong. You frequently also see exactly the same watches branded as Trafalgar (in UK), Regus (in France) and Omni (in North America & Australia). It was a case of the HK manufacturer touting around distributors with the sales pitch- "you want special digital watch, we make, how many thousand dozen you want?". Same thing applies today!

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post20 Apr 2012, 17:37

Old Tom..when i push the mode button, it just jumps to 888888 ..nothing more. the set button doesn't work.
tried everything..the pushbuttons on top do not work..and i have no idea why..i see no problem.

it always stays at 12.00.00 ..any idea's?
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to Mechanical