It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:23

Please forgive question on analogue Tissot

Discuss problems, tricks and hints on case restoration, tools,watch buttons and tools.
  • Author

james_stan

Techie

Techie

Please forgive question on analogue Tissot

Post05 Feb 2013, 00:57

DearAll

A while since I posted, but maybe someone with general watch experience can help.

I was changing the battery for the first time on wifes PR100 Tissot. Back snapped off OK and a new battery started it
ticking again. Then tried to snap the back back on but nowt ! Won't go. Drat thinks I , so a sheepish visit
to local jeweller followed to see if needs a press tool to close it - but no go there either. Now I suspect the gasket is
toast as without it the back slips on and moves about so I'm guessing this red plastic gasket forms an interference fit
with the case back.

I checked that I can get a new gasket from cousins ( about 6 quid)but now I'm not sure which way round it goes as I think it has an L-shaped profile. Also would I be able to close it without a press do you think if I use some silicon grease ?

What if I closed it temporarily with some setting silcone sealant like plumbers LSX ( a dreadful bodge I realise but I'm getting nagged) :-? .

Cheers all

JS

Return to Mechanical