It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:28

Pusher(s) sunburst Mod for digitals

Discuss problems, tricks and hints on case restoration, tools,watch buttons and tools.
  • Author

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Pusher(s) sunburst Mod for digitals

Post17 Oct 2013, 19:15

Hello everybody,

Im restoring this very used Seiko and I had to do something about the very damaged pushers (they have pits and lost shape);

Picture of the seller

I like to share this with u all, if you have a dremel with extention tube its a reasonable easy procedure;
I used the dremel as a bench and placed the pushers there. Then with a strip of plastic card (ibis hotel in this case, I have tons of those as I stay a lot in hotels for my work) and 1000 sandpaper I brought back the angles on the sides of the small pushers. Then I polished them all, and finally (the mod) I flattened the tops on the bench. I could have polished the topsides (as original) but this is leaving a beautiful sunburst :-)
All in all, for a set of pushers, time consuming but very rewarding

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Pusher(s) sunburst Mod for digitals

Post18 Oct 2013, 11:49

Don't forget to show us the final result shot of the watch. :-D

btw..i have a few watches with sunburst...isn't it another style of sanding? i'm still wondering how they do it.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Pusher(s) sunburst Mod for digitals

Post18 Oct 2013, 20:59

I surely will kasper, a new crystal (+steel bezel, one part) is one the way as I write, cant wait. As you can see its not having the original bracelet, but I found a great matching Seiko bracelet of the same age in my bracelets drawer. Maybe even a better match then the original, but you will see ;-)

Making a good sunburst by hand isn't easy.. What you need is a belt sander with the right grained belt at a solid position. Then you need to place the case on a solid rotating holder. And eventually you grind it under the right angle while rotating it. Unfortunately I don't have these tools at my workbench

Return to Mechanical