It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:46

thanx Ed

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

corona with lime

Nerd

Nerd

thanx Ed

Post06 Jan 2007, 02:26

Just got a nice Hamilton from Ed Cantarella. Very clean, perfect operaton. Better than advertised. :D

This is the kind of person you want to do business with.

Thanx Ed

BJ

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: thanx Ed

Post06 Jan 2007, 06:08

Thanks BJ......and here's his new toy!
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Led007

Post07 Jan 2007, 12:35

I also got several nice LED watches from ED...... A mint Pulsar Dress, and Bulova Drivers watch...... They were at very reasonable prices.....

Thanks,
Mike

Deek

Nerd

Nerd

Post13 Jan 2007, 04:08

Dr.Ed. I mean ED has brought my little led friends back to life. They were headed for the junk pile until he saved them. His prices are so reasonable I was able to get all of them fixed at once. The care he gives to each watch he repairs is more than you could ever ask for. Great web site he has launched recently!

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

re: thanx Ed

Post28 Feb 2007, 12:46

Beware the Cantarella! I askedhimforsomeadvice on polishing and endedup buying this instead!!!!! :D

I'vebeen after a decent SS one of these for ages - from his personal collection no less. I am seriously chuffed with it! Oh and 5 days from his place to me 4000 miles away -that's service! (it's Ed'sphoto - I just can't spare the time at the moment to do some myself -full time work, full time dad and full time college course - oh and full time husband too!). A big public thankyou to you Ed.

leddwatch

Banned

Post28 Feb 2007, 13:49

Ed is becoming a legend in his own lifetime, sort of the led equivalent of Mother Theresa... :lol:

corona with lime

Nerd

Nerd

Post28 Feb 2007, 14:41

Fitron Fiend

Is that the one on the first page of his list? I got the cheaper Wit off the second page.

corona with lime

Nerd

Nerd

Post28 Feb 2007, 14:43

Well, nuts. forget the last post. I got two watches mixed up.

I have one of these also, but mine has some brassing on the pusher. Looks like you have a much better example. :D

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Re: re: thanx Ed

Post28 Feb 2007, 15:22

leddwatch wrote:Ed is becoming a legend in his own lifetime, sort of the led equivalent of Mother Theresa... :lol:

I'm not running a charity...just trying to do a little business in watches between other things. Teresa is my wife!! :lol:

What's up with people not claiming their watches - I have three boxes with fixed pieces in them that the owner's never contact me back? :?
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Re: re: thanx Ed

Post28 Feb 2007, 15:27

retroleds.com wrote:
What's up with people not claiming their watches - I have three boxes with fixed pieces in them that the owner's never contact me back? :?

Uhmm, why not just tell them their watches are finished?

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post28 Feb 2007, 15:38

That's my point...I keep emailing these three and they don't write back. One's been here for 6 weeks, the other two about 2. Granted, all three have a balance they need to pay,but nothing over $200. I guess I'll go 6 months and then I'll consider them mine.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post28 Feb 2007, 18:37

This one was never on display at retroleds.com on the for sale pages to the best of my knowledge. I suspect that there are a whole lotta watches waiting to be put up on that site..........guess I'd better start saving. :) Damn site better than ebay - ok sometimes you get a real bargain on ebay but that's about once per year and I've had my quota for that. 8)

CompuChron

Techie

Techie

: thanx Ed

Post28 Feb 2007, 21:44

I suspect that "ed" doesn't really exist but there is an army of little people working prentending they are called "Ed":
one is repairing led watch , one is running a led forum, one is buying on ebay, one is dealing with real estate , one is running a seriuos business dealing with servers , one is taking care of his family and many other run a thousand other things.
what do you think of my theory?

rewolf

Guru

Guru

: thanx Ed

Post28 Feb 2007, 23:21

In German we have a name for such an army: "Heinzelmännchen" :)
"Ed's Heinzelmännchen" do exist :wink:

leddwatch

Banned

Post28 Feb 2007, 23:26

As with all legendary figures, conspiracy theories are already beginning to appear on the internet, well here actually!

corona with lime

Nerd

Nerd

Post01 Mar 2007, 02:04

Ed

Sorry about having left the three watches with you for so long. Please send me as list of what kind of watches I left with you and I'll immediately send you the $200 so you can ship them to me :roll:

I'll even pay the postage :D

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions