It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:00

Digital watches you would never sell

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Re: : Digital watches you would never sell

Post12 Mar 2007, 00:09

rewolf wrote:I would never sell my GP (Makrolon), even although it stopped working a few months after I bought it :( (oscillator/crystal problem, I still hope I can fix it one day...)

Oh such a shame! If there is just a handfull of watches in the world that are worth fixing then this one is for sure among these. Maybe you should ask Higgie, he knows a lot about quartz and stuff. I found his tester very impressive, I am sure he could give you a few tips or hints on what to try out.

seikoric

Geek

Geek

re: Digital watches you would never sell

Post15 Mar 2007, 19:47

ok then, here are a couple for starters - Seiko M158 and 0634

Cheers, Ric

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

: Digital watches you would never sell

Post05 Aug 2007, 10:38

with reference to the waltham watch,whats so special you wont part with it?also who made the module for it?

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post07 Aug 2007, 00:28

If you mean this one.

I just really like it, its reasonably thin has a nice clear display (light sensor as well) and you don't see many of them about. I've got another Waltham which is a plain round faced watch its nothing special I'am holding on to it for a spare module incase this one goes belly up.

As for the module I've no idea who makes it...sorry!

Do you have some Waltham's by any chance... :-)

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post08 Aug 2007, 00:08

I'd say this one has an early Fairchild module with buttons at 2 and 4. Good stuff in comparison to the later modules with plastic bubbles.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post15 Aug 2007, 21:22

yes klippie
i have a waltham led also.an earlier one (later models were not as good quality) with probably a fairchild module.and possibly a swiss made case.it is slim ,with a signed glass crystal.and polished case with a s/s screw down case back.also signed.its in near enough new unused condition with a metal waltham box.yes it is metal constructed.i dont know of any other manufacturer who did this ,not even pulsar.it must have cost them a fortune.
please send me an e mail and i can send you some pics of it and my collection.by the way where are you in scotland?
Previous

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions