It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:37

He wanted shine!!

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

He wanted shine!!

Post19 Mar 2007, 19:58

A repeat customer wanted me to take his Date Command to "mirror finish". Hopefully I've earned my fee. 8)

http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

re: He wanted shine!!

Post19 Mar 2007, 20:25

Nicely done retroleds. That looks like a lot of hard work. If you're in the market for customising LED's, my wishlist would be a black chrome version of this Already a beautifull watch, but i'd be interested to see how it comes out.
The other day, my computer beat me at chess. It was rubbish at kick boxing though.

leddwatch

Banned

Post20 Mar 2007, 01:12

Thats a horrid thing to do to a P3.... :(

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post20 Mar 2007, 02:18

leddwatch - hey, it wasn't MY desire, but for $100, who am I to complain. :) Understand, this guy has 7-8 Pulsars I've worked on, Rolexs, GPs, all kinds of top end stuff. After I sent him the picture he wrote back saying he could now start a rap career(he's an older guy, so it was funny). :lol:

Obviously I had to first remove the glass, polish, put the glass back, carefully give a little final buff...a neat experiment on someone else's dime. 8)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

leddwatch

Banned

Post20 Mar 2007, 10:44

Ive bought them in that state before where sellers have polished them up and then listed them as new old stock! The reason I think its horrid is that it ruins the lines of the P3 and makes it look fat and ugly, I know that sounds funny but the brushing changes the way a watch looks to the eye. These are my opinions anyway, dozens of people may send you P3s and 100 bucks for a polish, who knows....... :!:

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions