It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:22

Timex SSQ (Finally arrived)

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

nixon1990

Timex SSQ (Finally arrived)

Post10 Apr 2007, 13:05

Took over a week to arrive (damn the Easter holidays :twisted: ) But it arrived today. Its in excellent condition really and has the original strap, and a nice bright display.

It has time, DOW and seconds. Badly packed which was worrying, but it seems to have survived. What a relief

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

re: Timex SSQ (Finally arrived)

Post10 Apr 2007, 19:38

Nice watch mate well done, good to see you got one with bright LED's some Timex modules can be a bit on the dim side.

redled

Techie

Techie

Post11 Apr 2007, 06:27

That's one of my favorite Timex, really nice. It doesn't look like the original band though.

nixon1990

Post11 Apr 2007, 13:44

Thanks for looking
Yeah, on second inspection you could very well be right. The seller said it was original but it has no Timex markings and I haven’t seen a similar strap on other Timex LED’s.

Planet-LED

Techie

Techie

Post11 Apr 2007, 18:46

Nice Find. I have always thought that Timex had a strong resemblance to the Omega. I agree that the band may not be original. Check out the following URL. It has the band that I have seen the most often on that Timex.

http://www.ledwatches.net/photo-pages/timex7.htm

nixon1990

Post11 Apr 2007, 20:05

Yeah I really like that picture, shows the watch off to its best. I agree, it does look like the omega (it’s the closest I’ll ever get to owning one! :() I think I will go with the consensus on this one, that the strap isn’t original, luckily it suits the watch quite well so it doesn’t look too out of place.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post13 Apr 2007, 04:22

I've got probably a dozen Timex modules...I figure sooner or later people will figure out they were a very well built item.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions