It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:52

The HP 01 group shot

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

The HP 01 group shot

Post15 Apr 2007, 22:46

Just about finished this bronze key and brown bezel, but here is a preliminary before and after including the group shot of all three and accessories.

The one on the left is effectively in NOS condition as all imperfections have been removed and the crystal was perfect.

The one in the middle has a good module but the keypad rubber had split and hardened. Either a spare module or I will try to find a dead but good case or dead but good rubber keypad barrier.

The one on the right is the before and after of the bronze keys. I think I will wear that one and keep the NOS looking one in the box. I will work on the keys and see what I can do. By the way, take a look at the yellow lettering. I used white out on a micro tip. Filled in the lettering and let dry hard. Then tinted with yellow permanent marker. Just experimenting right now.

All thats left is to secure some crystals for these, still working on it and the manufacturer says they actually have the engineering diagrams worked up for the crystal. I just have to confirm the dimensions.

Cheers, Geoff

Disassembled, case polished, new gaskets top and bottom, cleaned the keys with a brush and rubbing alcohol, repainted the bezel yellow lettering and will now experiment with the keys, tinted the edge of the bezel with brown anodizing dye, will see how long that lasts and polished the crystal as much as possible. . At least it looks good.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

re: The HP 01 group shot

Post16 Apr 2007, 10:41

Great job!!!!!!!!

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions