It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 13:17

Longines LED

Present your latest purchases, talk about pro + cons or write an interesting review!
  • Author

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Longines LED

Post14 Jul 2007, 20:33

Hi Guy's,

This is my new favourite, I picked it up in lot of three LED’s recently a Quasar II, this one and a ladies. I'd really been after the nice Quasar but never took much notice of the hexagonal cased watch. When they arrived I managed to get the Quasar running the ladies was junk and when I opened the hex watch I noticed it was stamped Longines on the case back it has a Hughes 25mm large digit module inside which worked perfect after cleaning the contacts then a quick buff up with my magic cloth and its looking good.

Here’s a few pics…

I got a good quality band fitted at my local jewellers, now I’am happy as Larry... :D

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: Longines LED

Post14 Jul 2007, 20:42

Yeah, that's a nice piece...I wore the same one a lot for months - a nice, light, comfortable piece, with a glass screen. What's not to like! 8)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post14 Jul 2007, 23:56

You are happy to muck around with the insides of a watch but get a jeweller to change your straps :? :? :? As a fellow Scot I'm shocked that you'd spend the money on such a triviality! We have a stereotype to live up to you know. Good looking watch though!

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post17 Jul 2007, 00:35

Fitron,

My local jewellers is a family run business and give excellent service plus they stock a good selection of Darlena leather straps that I like to use on my watches they're nice quality for the money (note the Scottish stereotypical behaviour) I've looked everywhere on-line for them but came up with nothing so I’ll have to keep buying them in the shop.

£13 for the strap you see here isn't going to break the bank after all... :D

Return to Reviews and latest Acquisitions